AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved from a TW cable system to a Cablevision system (no Yankees!).

Everything seems to be OK, except that the Replay unit can't get the new cable box (Jerrold DPV7) to tune to any single digit channels.

When I try to go to a single-digit channel, the number briefly flashes on the box (and the Replay thinks it has changed the channel), but the cable box stays on the prior channel?

Any ideas? Could this be related to the minimum digits to send tweak?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
From what you describe, that certainly seems like the problem.

Follow the instructions in the FAQ to change what is sent to your box. Make sure it says that it sends an enter after each command. If that doesn't work, then fool with the minimum digits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't believe I can answer a question here and help someone. I'm a non tech guy.

Here goes. you have a simple problem to fix. It requires "custom tuning".

Go to setup

go to change and scroll to what your imput is ie. ant. or line 1 etc. select 3 times until you get to the find cable box brand. scroll to the brand and number that turns your box on. DO NOT SELECT THIS. instead go to zones.

select. now you have a new menue . activate the 2 digit box. this should work. if not putt in a new code. instead of 0003 put in 6003 and the 2 digits also. if this doesnt work try 7003 and also the 2 digit option. Good luck.

Sandy

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sg170
I can't believe I can answer a question here and help someone. I'm a non tech guy.

Here goes. you have a simple problem to fix. It requires "custom tuning".

Go to setup

go to change and scroll to what your imput is ie. ant. or line 1 etc. select 3 times until you get to the find cable box brand. scroll to the brand and number that turns your box on. DO NOT SELECT THIS. instead go to zones.

select. now you have a new menue . activate the 2 digit box. this should work. if not putt in a new code. instead of 0003 put in 6003 and the 2 digits also. if this doesnt work try 7003 and also the 2 digit option. Good luck.

Sandy
Way to go Sandy. Sounds like good advice. I hope Ico-Jones updates us on his tweeking result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.