AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scientific Atlantic cable box and a RTV 5040. I am using the IR Blaster to control the cable box. I've been using it fine this way for about a year now. The last couple of weeks I have been having a problem with it. The Replay doesn't always correctly tune the cable box. For example, if I change the channel to 48, sometimes the cable box will change to channel 4. It won't correctly send the whole 48 to the cable box, it just sends the 4. I don't know why all of the sudden it started doing this. It sucks when it records something on Channel 4 instead of 48.

Anyone have any suggestions?

· Registered
3,715 Posts
It's possible they've pushed new software to your cable box that changed the IR response behavior. You can try fine tuning the IR settings in the ReplayTV.

Go into Setup to the screen where you choose the code for your cable/satellite box and press Replay Zones. That'll give you the IR fine tuning screen. I think you want to increase the Inter-command delay (could be the Inter-action delay, I'm not sure). Save your settings and try it.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
This could be unrelated, but I was recently experiencing problems with my IR blaster and I couldn't figure out why. After a little digging around, it turns out the IR blaster wire was being pinched pretty hard by another component. Once I moved the wire, it started working fine again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.