AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of moving and my cable is not hooked up yet. i wasnt in a big hurry since I have almost 80 hours queued up in the replaytv.

But now i have noticed that the scheduled recordings are replacing valid shows with attempts to record static. Is there any way to suspend recording? I tried to change the input settings so there would be no cable provider, but i cant escape the menu w/o a provider selected.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
The only idea I can come up with is to go into each recording and select the channel (box on far left) and change recording option "Record all episodes" to "NO". This should stop recording over your old shows.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I hadnt though of that. I was focusing on a global setting to fix this temporary problem. Probably cause I dont what to touch the 80 record requests 2X. I might have to resort to this brute force method. Thanks again. -Doug

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You could go through setup and tell it there's no input sources hooked up.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
He already tried that, I think. Was it not possible to set up with, say, Input 1 set to "other", and the other two set to "nothing"? If not, there's not an easy global way that I can think of. The "Record All" -> no trick will work, though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YEAH, I already had tried setting the input to nothing. I think it would work if my Internet was still working. It accepts the input change to nothing, but the fails on the mandatory update process. The only way out is to cancel the change.

If I was motivated enough I could move it (and a TV) back to my last home and disconnect it gracefully. Oh well, only 5 more days until the cable is back on...

Thanks for everyones suggestions and time,

-Doug

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can also open up each show you have recorded and select "Preserve"

That'll ensure it stays in the replay guide until you explicitly delete it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This would double the disk space requirement for each guaranteed show. I know that i dont have enough.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
A RePlayTV does not verify that it has a signal before recording? I know a stand alone TiVo checks if it is getting a signal (it displays a message if it is not), but I do not remember if it records the nothingness or not.

/carmi

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it does not record the static. But it does recored the attempt. The recorded length is < 1 minute. The killer is it already deleted the previous episode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.