Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background:

My cable co plays games with channel assignments and I've had to resort to a hack to be able to use direct cable tuning on two of my Replays. When the cable co changes information in the channel lineup, the nightly connection to Replay wipes out my channel remapping and I have to re-apply my hack to the two units.

Case study:

This morning I noticed that the channel remap on my bedroom unit had been cleared. No problem, it only takes me 5 minutes to restore the hack.

However, when I checked the living room unit, the hack was still in place. OK, so that one failed to get updated last night, it happens often enough as to not be unusual. But when I checked the messages screen there was no indication of any failure to connect. Checking the channel guide showed that it was indeed short one day's listings. Going back to the BR unit, it had the full (8 1/2 day's worth) guide.

Conclusion:

The LR unit failed to get last night's update. There was no message to that effect.

The LR unit is a 3060, neè 3020, single drive unit running the latest 3.x software. Will followup after tonight's update.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes, I've seen the same thing when I was having phone line problems. It would dial in and then fail to get all of the data, but not send a message. I think it has something to do with in which part of the connect it had problems. If it started a download and then quit after some specific amount of time, it appears that you don't get a message.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding was that there would be no message generated for the first two failed attempts out of the three it would try. Hmmmmm....... if it failed once, or twice, but didn't even try a third time, would it then post a message? or not? Or does it post a message on every attempt and just delete it if it's successful later on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.