AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 replays (3 4504s and 1 5040) that are connected to a 3Com switch, and the switch is connected to a Netgear router. For the most part, everything works fine, but every now and then one of the Replays simply stops trying to connect to the server.

I often catch this when it occurs because I notice that the guide doesn't have as much information as it should. Sometimes, though, the guide becomes empty and the machine stops recording anything.

The problem is easy enough to fix... I simply go to the setup screen and force a connection. When I do this, the connection is always successful.

The odd thing is that there doesn't appear to be any problem with the units, and they don't report any problem connecting. It's as if they are simply forgetting to do it.

This happened yesterday on two of my machines. According to the 411 screen, my last successful connection on either machine was on 1/12. At least one of the machines had rebooted since then (although I didn't check the other), so it doesn't seem like a reboot fixes the problem. There were no messages of any kind in the messages area. I forced a connection on each unit, and now both are up-to-date again.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts