Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The weird think happened to my 3 weeks old 4504 unit yesterday. Until now I didn't have any major problems (except the commercial advance feature which never worked, but that is due to the 300 software version.)

Yesterday I was trying to play a recorded show from my 'Replay Guide' when I got an pop-up error saying "Cannot Play recorded show", in fact I couldn't play any of the recorded shows. I was getting the same error message every time. I rebooted the system. Now after the two initial "Please Wait†screens it goes to a screen where it gives you a 3-line description that says "Press Channel guide for channels, Replay Guide for shows or press menu for all other things". Sitting at this screen it doesn't react to any of these options. It doesn't want to display a channel guide, or a replay guide or even a menu. But it does allow me to go into the 444 zones or 243 zones and run any of the options successfully. Doing that and rebooting it several more times didn't help. One interesting thing, though, I am able to access it from my DVArchive and even see and stream all the shows.

Did anyone ever seen this happen or know how to fix it without factory reset.

Thanks,

--Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I disconnected the unit from power for some time, and also rebooted it by holding the power button. I am trying to stay away from a factory reset option for now.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.