AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cablevision just changed their channel lineup in the north and central NJ on 4/17. (Here's the info on the new channel lineups ). I noticed that the channels aren't updated today, even though it connected successfully (via ethernet) last night, and I did a manual connection this morning. The channels are correct on the cable box (analog, I have non-iO service), but not in the Replay channel guide.

Anyone else having this problem? And if so, who dropped the ball on this one: SB, the guide data provider, or Cablevision?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Didn't it take a couple of days last time?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would try clearing the channel guide and repopulating it. When cablevision added YES network I didn't get it right away, but clearing the channel guide fixed it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dallben might be right, it may just take a few days...I looked at Yahoo TV and tvguide.com, and neither has been updated to reflect the new channels.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have you checked to see if they actually created an entirely new (i.e. rebuild) channel list? Every time there have been major changes to the lineup, this is what my cable company has done. I believe because the rollout of the new lineup was phased in one area at a time and changing the original lineup would have resulted in some customers having the "wrong" one for a time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last time Cable Vision changed channels in Connecticut it took my Replay 3030 a few days for the new channels to show correctly. If it hasn't updated by Sunday, I'd say, then maybe a channel clear would do it. I can't speak how long it would take with the subscription based service for my 5040, but I would imagine it would prob take the same time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When Cablevision changed the lineup here in northern NJ (a few months ago), I had to go into setup and select the new Cablevision lineup.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.