AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the replay units on the Home shopping network yesterday? They were selling 40hr, 80hour and 160 hour units. I don't think the prices where that good. $149 for 40 hour units. But it was nice to see them featured on a nationwide shopping network. I hope they sold some. I don't know if they were the 55 series or not. It is hard to tell and they never mentioned it. They only mentioned monthly activation. Never mentioned the lifetime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is the 55xx series. Another thing is they are offering free shipping and if you order it on line no sales tax. If you order by phone they do charge tax. Provantage also has it for $119 (40 hour), but then tack on 32 bucks for shipping.

[edit] Sorry forgot the activation thing. It appears that you are just buying the unit. You would still activate via Replay web site, which does allow for the lifetime activation.

symo

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
You may be able to get a 5504 from HSN for as low as $112.38 by using a 25% off coupon for new customers. See here for a list of coupons that may or may not work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the sales pitch was pretty good. If I didn't already have 3 I would be interested. They should have mentioned the lifetime activation. I hope they sold a lot of them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I saw it; The announcer talked about how much she loves her Tivo and how you can do the same things with this ReplayTV.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
In yesterdays Sunday L.A. Times in the CompUSA flyer they have a replaytv ad. It says $149!!!! Regular price $499!! a $350 savings!! The bottom print says *service activation required.

It's just one more thing I've read that offends me. Wonder how many j6ps will fall for it.

Also, I can't verify this, but I'm told if you are 'lucky' enough to get your product on the HSN the taste is not so sweet. They make you give them really low rates and take the lionshare of profit. It might not be a bad idea at all considering most of the $$ comes from supscription. Shhh.. don't tell HSN, they might not even realize this.

cow

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow
In yesterdays Sunday L.A. Times in the CompUSA flyer they have a replaytv ad. It says $149!!!! Regular price $499!! a $350 savings!! The bottom print says *service activation required.
Sad.... Just another reason an uninformed customer will leave with a bad taste regarding Replay. In fact, the CompUSA ad is guilty of false advertising since what the customer gets for $149 is NOT was was sold for $499.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.