AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my Replay started randomly rebooting over and over again. Once it boots up, it reboots again, never really finishing.

I think I've narrowed it down to the second drive of my 2 drive system being corrupted. I just wanted to run my course of action by you to see if this sounds right.

I am thinking of re-formatting my 2nd drive, and then using the patch to re-create a 2 drive system.

Let me know if there is something I am missing or if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I did a low level format on my 40Gig drive and it still didn't pass the basic test under the Maxtor tools. I guess it must be fried or something, so I just tried patching my 120Gig drive back to a 1 drive machine. Now it boots up to the splash screen, but once I hit a button it reboots again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Did you try the drive jumper in the cable select position? Aside from that it's possible there is something wrong with both drives.

-Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I set the jumpers for a single drive master. Would trying Cable Select jumper settings change anything? I'll give it a try.

Could it be that when my second drive got corrupted, the primary drive image got corrupted, which isn't something the patch could fix?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Brian, you never mentioned which series Replay you have. 2xxx and 3xxx require Master or single drive jumpering (at least on the primary drive. 5xxx we've had several reports of problems which were fixed by CS jumpering. 4xxx I have no definite info on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just gave up and restored the image and wiped the MPEG partition and I'm back up and running. I did lose all my shows and settings, but at least I can start recording again.

Thanks for the suggestions...

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with my 5040 upgraded with a Maxtor 120GB. As a last resort I reinstalled the image and patch and now it works. The only thing that I can think of that I did was record a channel that was not listed in my guide (free preview of Disney).

I lost all of my recorded shows, but it works again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.