AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 x 5040's. I have used remote scheduling / recording no problem. Last night however, when I tried to schedule a recording on the other replay it gave me an error that either the other replay was out of disk space or there was a conflict with another show.

However, going to the other replay in the basement and setting the direct recording was fine. There were no other conflicts that we could see and there was 12 hours left....

Is this something I've missed and a simple problem. Anyone else seen it ?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
This problem is possibly caused by the local snapshot of the remote ReplayTV's guide being out of sync with the current remote ReplayTV's guide. (ReplayTV caches this info and somehow the locally cached copy doesn't match the current guide.) You might try pulling up the Replay Guide, switch to and then away from the remote ReplayTV and then try the scheduling again. This hasn't happened to me in months so I can't verify the above will work, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It has been noted before that many of us get this incorrect message.

Gary's suggestion is about the only possible solution I've encountered.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Also, keep in mind that if the remote request is a "guaranteed" request (i.e. don't delete till I tell you), it may fail from a lack of space but unless you check, when you hand schedule it on the target DVR, it may not have that option set and therefore successfully be scheduled when before you couldn't.

Of course, sometimes it just seems cranky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.