AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to hook up a Replay to security cameras for surveillance recording. I was thinking about ways I might use my Replay if D&M quits supporting lifetime subscriptions and the guide isn’t available.

Any ideas about how to go about this or possible resources that might be available?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
setup RCA cords to inputr of course...then run a manual record for as long as possible....or tune to the channel with the camera and it should just atomattically record. now that i think about it

the replay automatically buffers the channel so unless you change it you should be good

·
Registered
412 Posts
Actually what you want to do is set up 24 repeating manual records. One for each hour of the day keeping as many days as your hard drive will support. Then set up DVArchive, so that if you need to keep a piece of the recording for evidence, you can easily pull off the video in managable sizes. You don't want to just let the Replay buffer because as soon as the replay is unpluged/turned off/channel changed, you loose your recording.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I build a night vision camera an connected to my replay when my car was getting egged at night. The only problem was when you slowed down the action the picture was so bad I could not make out the person. Luckly for me he only egged my car 3 times and stopped after breaking the windows.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Oh that wily coyote..... probably used those Acme eggs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.