AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I've got it set up properly, DVarchive, that is.

I imported an episode of Buffy - in mpg format - that I downloaded into DVArchive, and it shows up in the explorer window, so I thought things would be fine. I go to my replay and While I can select the computer as a replay device, the Replay doesn't see any shows on it.

I looked though the DVArchive documentation, but I didn't see anything about this. Can anyone help?

I can see the replay from the DVArchive software, so I'm fairly sure the link is working properly...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a similar problem a while back. Not sure exactly what I did to correct, but I believe I shut-down DVArchive, rebooted the PC, restarted DVArchive. I don't remember rebooting the RTV (holding power button for a few seconds), but may have.

Hope this helps and sorry for not being more sure of my answer!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Look at the properties for each show there is an option to keep them private if the show is marked private it won't show up on your replaytv.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, but neither of those things worked.

The show had the "Public?" flag marked as on, and rebooting - both the computer and the Replay - didn't accomplish anything.

One thing I did find out was that my computer clock was very wrong - it was a year off and set for AM instead of PM. Don't know how that happened, but I fixed that problem and still can't see the show.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I assume when you say you imported you did a manual import versus downloading directly from replaytv.

Below when I say software version I mean replayTV's software version.

I am not in front on my unit...There is a software version for each show. You will want to make sure the show reflects the type it was tapes on(4.3 for example). Then the show will show in the replayTV for that software type only since it will only play on the same software version.

Try downloading a show in DVArchive directly from the replayTV and see if that shows up in the list of shows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhh....

I downloaded the Buffy episode in question off of Kazaa. Beyond the fact that it is a MPEG format video file, I have no idea if it was recorded from a Replay unit or not. Are you saying that if it wasn't recorded by a Replay, then it simply won't show up in the program list? Even if it seemed to [manually] import into the DVArchive software correctly?

If that's the case, then I suppose I have to find a file on Kazaa that was explicitly recorded on a Replay unit, correct?

Any suggestions on other places to look for a show that will play on my Replay?

I'll try downloading a show from my own Replay to see if it shows up in the list...

·
Registered
202 Posts
You should be able for the replayTV to see that the file exists, but if was not taped off a replayTV you will not get it to play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.