AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any web page that shows the Replay server status? for nearly 2 days i have been trying to send someone a show and continually get the "The remote ReplayTV could not be contacted." also, i try to force a net connect and it fails.

i think the servers are down, but i see msgs from other people claiming they successfully sent clips during the same period i could not.

i think i have everything set up correctly... at least, i used to, until my router died. i just installed a new one on Friday, but i'm pretty sure i successfully did a net connect once after the install.

anyway, is there a server status page we can hit to find out if there are problems?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
NO server status page that I'm aware of GreenLantern. This forum would be the closest thing, and if the servers were down for two days, my bet is that you'd see enough posts about it to know.

I suspect the problem is unfortunately on your end.

So... if all you changed was the new router, may I suggest making sure you have the latest firmware for it? Also, try rebooting your replay (hold down the power button for 5 or 6 seconds) then try another net connect.

I wouldn't use show sharing as a test to see if you are connecting properly until after you can force a net connect. (show sharing would involve checking your port assignments as well as net connecting).

Post any other details about your setup here also and someone will get you back up!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Actually, it sounds like the problem is on the receiver's end. Many times you need to setup port forwarding on your router so you can receive shows. You don't need to do this to send shows or contact the server daily.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by plyons10
...I suspect the problem is unfortunately on your end....
it looks like you're right. all i did was DHCP release/renew then tried net connect and it worked! i was also able to add a user to the Internet Address Book.

i honestly don't understand this. the "new" IP address is the same as the old IP address. and i didn't reboot the Replay. oh well, life is full of mysteries.

thanks for forcing me to reconsider my "correct" setup ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the 5040 community. I bought one so I can send and receive legal non copywritted shows (with commercials) Is there a site to connect with other owners of shareable shows?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
SG... there is a Yahoo group... search for "replaytvsharing"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.