Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collective,

I recently read an article in PC mag (Nov 13th page 71) where Bill Howard praises the Replay4000 for having a built in Ethernet jack and questions WHY none of the others are following suit.

and

read a book lent to me by one of my contractors called "Next, the future just happened" by Michael Lewis which has a good portion of a chapter devoted to the impact of Replay and TiVo on Mass Marketing. Not a bad book, a little simplistic in places but worth the read.

Just sharing....

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Talk about plugs... last week's Ellen had a whole plot line about her Tivo.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Quote:
Talk about plugs
Actually, the less "shilly" term is Product Placement. :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
What did you expect from Ellen? We used to watch her first series, but it got old after the first season. People blamed her coming-out for its demise, but it was dying way before that. I doubt she has changed her comedy style any since then.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I loved "Ellen", and the episodes surrounding her coming out and directly after were hilarious. Well, every single plotline for the rest of the show revolved around her sexuality, and we stopped watching.

I gave "The Ellen Show" a chance, but it wasn't that funny. I didn't like the premise or her parents. It was like watching The Nanny with a twist (a show I don't really like)

About Friends- I'm one of those people that has seen every episode 3 times and loves the show. I think it's about the best show on TV right now and has my wife and I laughing out loud every single week. Plus it's a topic of conversation with all of our friends (How DARE Rachel go out with someone else?!)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Personally, I think "Oz" is the best show on TV, but that's probably just because it reinforces my attitudes about people.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Well, let me rephrase that to say "Best Sitcom on TV"... It's tough to compare sitcoms to dramas. I really love The Sopranos, Law+Order (original and Criminal Intent), Star Trek (all flavors), and all reality TV shows (though this season's have been horrendous)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oz is truly horrifying to watch - every time I think I have seen the most horrible things imaginable they come up with a new one...can't wait for the new season

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dave2297
HBO's "Band of Brothers", far and away the best mini-series ever on TV! Second best: "West Wing".....

Dave D.
Band of Brothers is the best produced mini-series but the stories are not that great. It has it's moments but it still hasn't gotten that interesting. (yet, I still watch it because I keep expecting it to get better). It's visually stunning.

West Wing tends to have some of the best written episodes on tv

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.