AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been testing a small interface box that is designed to translate the ReplayTV Serial output (DTV) and resend the proper tuning information out a standard IR blaster to a GI/Motorola 4DTV. I can now say that the device works and is controlling my C-Band setup.

As you'd expect, tuning using the Replay guide will tune the 4dtv to the proper satellite and channel. The DVRBlackBox, as the inventor has named it, works by attaching the Serial Output cable from the Replay, a set of wires to the actuator sensor connections (so it knows when dish movement has stopped and channel change is possible), the IR blaster, and a small power supply wall wart.

Folks, there is work to be done fine tuning the firmware, but it WORKS!

The main discussion area is found at

http://forums.satforums.com/SatForum....php?msg=10.01

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Unfortunately you need to be a member to get into that forum and I'm too lazy to signup right now.

This sound like like a great project and may reach further than C-Band receivers. I can see this working for all non-supported receiver types (DirecTV, Dish, Cable Boxes) on both newer and older Replays. As the years roll on, I'm sure older Replays are not going to control new boxes so I can easily see this helping.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ace987
Unfortunately you need to be a member to get into that forum and I'm too lazy to signup right now.
Oh shoot, that's right.

I'm thinking the same thing. First thing will be the 4DTV. That's the toughest nut due to the timing, and multiple stage channel change logic required. That works now and that was a big challenge.

I'll keep the folks here posted on developments. Thanks for the ideas.

Cliff

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
This is indeed good news. I'm putting up my cash the first day its up for sell. Great work steve. :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jones07
This is indeed good news. I'm putting up my cash the first day its up for sell. Great work steve. :D
It's continuing to lwork well. I've worked channel changes, replay timers w/o 4DTV timers (imagine!) and all is still working as expected.

Folks that don't have a 4dtv and a replay may not understand how great this is, but take my word for it this is great.

Steve has taken an idea, and has done what has was needed and more. My hat's off to him!

Cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.