AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to find the DVArchive troubleshooting readme that they say exists. It probably does but there no links to it. My problem is what the title says. My Repaly 5040 refuses to recognize my PCs running DVArchive. The archive server is running on both PCs and both have no trouble seeing the Replay box. I thought it might be because of my firewall software so I disabled it. The Replay box still does not see either PC. My home network is an internal 192.168.1.x network with the Linksys router doing the DHCP handout. Everything works except this. I have do nothing on the replay box to make it see the PCs. Do I need to do something on the Replay box to make this work? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Are you able to "ping" your RTV?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, everything else works. Not only can the DVAchive application see the RPTV, it can download shows and delete them from the RPTV after the download. The RPTV just doesn't see DVArchive PC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Not only can the DVAchive application see the RPTV, it can download shows and delete them from the RPTV after the download. The RPTV just doesn't see DVArchive PC.
Look at the right side of the status bar at the bottom of the DVArchive application. You'll see two dots with text after them, one will say scheduler, the other server.

Is the server dot green? If not, click File on the toolbar, and scroll down 3 places to Start DVArchive Server.

Your ReplayTV should now be able to see your DVArchive PC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying, but the DVArchive server is running. Everything appears to be in order, but the Replay box refuses to see the PC. It's not a major issue, but it is annoying. Really I can't complain because DVArchive is free!

·
Registered
538 Posts
What OS and firewall software?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was going to mention the XP firewall but you beat me posting, another thing is, don't ask me why, changing your NIC from autoselect to half duplex and test if you can see your PC, later return it back to Auto.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To all who have been making suggestions. I appreciate the attempts to help, but they're not helping. I have already done everything the DVArchive recommends. The section "3 USING DVArchive from a ReplayTV" says to "If there are no arrows, then the ReplayTV has not detected your DVArchive. You can either wait a little while for it to detect or check out the troubleshooting section of this document.". There is NO troubleshooting section of this document and there no link to the seperate troubleshooting documnet the readme says exists. Can someone tell me how to retrieve this document?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The troubleshooting document you're looking for should be located in the same folder as the rest of the DVA files. It is one of the .txt files included in the distribution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.