AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After connecting the above receiver to the Replay TV and using the inut port on the back of the IRD for the Replay to control the IRD, every time I try to change the channel using Replay, it causes the IRD to reboot. I then hooked up an infrared blaster to control it and it no longer reboots, but it won't change the channel either.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Which IR code did you try? I show that 7911 is supposed to work for you box. Most likely your RCA box uses the newer serial command set not supported by the ReplayTV.

When you try 7911, don't just do the on off test. Choose the code, and try to change channels with it.

LYndon

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayLyndon
Most likely your RCA box uses the newer serial command set not supported by the ReplayTV.

LYndon
Speaking about the newer command set for DTV boxes.

Lyndon, Has there been any word at all about Replay controlling these newer boxes??? I'm waiting for my new 5504 to get here on monday, and unfortunatly I have to find an old DTV box to run it because using the IR blaster has been a horrible experience on my 2020,3030, and 5040. The serial control is so much more accurate but it can be a real pain to find an older receiver, then getting a new card from DTV to activate it as well.

Please give us some hope!

Thanks Lyndon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.