AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many PVRs do you own and of what variety? Might be interesting to see what the make up is in the group!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Two meatballs, one clown.

Soon to retire one meatball, add two new ones and continue to puzzle over the clown.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
Two meatballs, one clown.

Soon to retire one meatball, add two new ones and continue to puzzle over the clown.
As Homer Simpson might be heard to say "MMMMmmmmmm Meatball". :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 ReplayTV

1 Showstopper

3 Tivos (1 subbed, 2 unsubbed)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
1 Tivo

1 Showstopper

I started off as a TiVo user, but when my 2 year old TiVo died, I couldn't stand watching TV without the ability to pause, etc. I always wanted to see what Replay was like, and happend to find a pristine open box at my local Circuit City. After using both for sometime now, I can say that I prefer the TiVo over the SS. Actually, the only thing about the SS I like is the Channel Guide method for recording.

My favorite feature of the TiVo is the Season Pass Manager. If I had that on my SS, I wouldn't have missed this past episode of Enterprise. (Damn FOX and That's 70's Show)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
1 RTV3060

1 Showstopper (30hour)

Used to own a RTV2020, but have given it away.

Been Replayin' since December '99.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
1 Replay (60-hr)

2 Showstoppers (each upgraded to 80GB disks)

1 DirecTiVo (35-hr, 60GB disk to be added soon)

Just picked up the DirecTiVo since the second tuner is now being enabled with no additional fees from either TiVo or DirecTV. Once added, I'm going to give one of the SS to my daughter.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blipszyc

My favorite feature of the TiVo is the Season Pass Manager. If I had that on my SS, I wouldn't have missed this past episode of Enterprise. (Damn FOX and That's 70's Show)
set up enterprise as a show-based, guaranteed recording and you'll never miss it again

(every ep of enterprise is all over Morpheus)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm hard-pressed to call a pvr501 a PVR. I'm more tempted to call it a VHDR (it's like a vcr but it uses an Hard Drive instead).

·
Registered
405 Posts
10 showstoppers (5 given to family/friends)

2 Ultimate TV

1 Radeon ATI w/PVR

1 WinTV PVR

soon 1 Replay 4000

1 WinTV HD

·
Registered
28 Posts
I now own 4:

- 1 Showstopper

- 1 Replay 2004

- 2 TIVOs (Sony 35 Hour models)

I just picked up the TIVOs today for $40 after rebate and am pleased with them though it is a little too cutsey (the interface that is ) for my tastes, as compared to the Replay system.

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
2 Showstopper 1-30hr, 1-20hr

upgrading 20hr(to 80), will sell "virgin" 30hr

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have 2 Replay's-- (1) RTV-3030, and (1) RTV-3060 both unhacked

(1) UTV, RCA DRD-490RE

(1) SS PV-HS2000 unhacked as well

Will try to swap out the 3030, and 3060 in the future for 2 4Ks if I can somehow come up with the funding for them as well as to have BB installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.