Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering shelving my integrated Direct-TV - TIVO unit for a replay 4000. The integrated TIVO unit is nice, dual tuner make it really nice, but the network features of the new replay turn my crank.

My question: Can anyone comment on the functionality of running a directtv receiver upstream of the replay? I understand the replay integrates the program information etc, but how well does this work? Any problems with it?

I wouldn't mind switching satalite companies if there is a reason to, but I don't think there is at this point. If I wait too long for this purchase, I'll end up waiting even longer for an HDTV module, so I figure now or at least 8-12 months.

Thanks for any comments!

·
Registered
536 Posts
the ir blaster is just a cord that is plugged into the replay with and infrared light at the other end that you point or tape over the infrared receiver spot on your directv receiver.

It's just sends the same signals your remote would to the directv receiver so it can change channels of the receiver.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I replaced both of my TiVo units with ReplayTV/ShowStopper units and after just one month running them with DTV receivers I wouldn't go back if TiVo paid me to. The upgrade path is sooooooo easy my 13 YO son did the second one. We now have one 142 Hr unit and one 60 hr unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.