AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know when this changed but it appears that you can no longer search the Movie Zone by Star(*) rating. I found that capability very useful when looking for Movies to record since the Star rating is not shown in the description.

Anyone else miss this capability?

Replay Guys - Any reason for removing this?

Larry

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
It looks like a lot of zones were configured to automatically expire 20020601. I expect when they were last modified (october 20th, 2000 is the latest of these) it was assumed they'd be updated again before now.

The star zones in particular are also available in the More More More! category, where they aren't set to expire until 20990202.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I found them under More More More

Not as convenient, but they are there.

Larry

·
Registered
556 Posts
The entire Music Zone is totally AWOL..

In the movie zone the Letterbox category is missing as well as the Star ratings..

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Isn't the star rating in the HUD? Maybe that's just on the 4k...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've complained to ReplayTV about this. I extensively use the search by "****" 4-star movies as well as Music Specials. To me, it looks like a way for ReplayTV to cut costs...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Except that it costs very little to do automated crunching on the Tribune data. It's probably an oversight more than anything else -- that the zones were last updated with an expiration date "way in the future" that turned out to be not that far distant after all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.