AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I never use these - but I'm curious if anyone does? The other curiosity is how are they 'programmed' - I assume the guide data has extra tags - but is it a program on the ReplayTV server that programs these and then sends to the masses?

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Just try it. There are several catagories that are useful. For instance, you can go to movies/now playing and see which movies are playing, about to start or starting soon, or in hours, or if you flip through enough pages..days. Or just go to movies/comedy. I find about 6 catagorys useful. I don't use zones much at all, but do consistantly.

Zones is just the guide information viewed as catagories instead of timeline/channel.

I don't know of the company that furnishes the guide data created the catagories, or if replaytv created the catagories and uses tags to fit shows in. who cares

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's handy for finding Season Premieres or Season Finalies as well.

I believe they are created by Replay, as I remember there being a Replay email address where you could request new zones. I requested one for Poker but to no avail.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a channel for Season Premiere and one for Series Premiere from Zones.

Go to Zone: "More!:Series Premiere" and then select Create the "More!:Series Premiere" Channel.

These record new programs I might want to watch. When I get time I look through what it has "caught". 9/10 of them are garbage and are immediately deleted but occasionally I catch a winner.

Very hard to find new shows otherwise since I never watch live TV or commercials anymore ...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yep, I use the Season/Series Premiere/Finale Zones quite a bit. That and the movie 'Now Showing' one. Occassionally I'll use a couple others but that's about it.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo /forum/post/0

I have a channel for Season Premiere and one for Series Premiere from Zones.

Go to Zone: "More!:Series Premiere" and then select Create the "More!:Series Premiere" Channel.

These record new programs I might want to watch. When I get time I look through what it has "caught". 9/10 of them are garbage and are immediately deleted but occasionally I catch a winner.

Very hard to find new shows otherwise since I never watch live TV or commercials anymore ...

That is the way I do them myself. I have found several series that the wife and I like this way. I agree with the 90% trash on first viewing or looking at the description and end up keeping less than half afterwards as new items in the lineup.

I haven't played with the movies one that others are suggesting, but may have to check that out when I have some spare time,HAH!!! spare time what is that????

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I use Premieres, but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I too have channels for season/series premiere/end.

Zone Movies:

- Now Playing

- Classic

- 3 star rating and above.

- Music - Performing Live

Then in the more:

- house and garden (to find this old house and house flip shows)

- shows by parental rating (to find new shows for my 7 year old)

- Holiday Themes

Sitcoms is useless cuz you get a bunch of old Cosby shows instead of anything new.

Finding movie comedies is kind of hard because they have it divided up by action, drama, romantic, etc and they lump tv shows and made for tv movies in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.