AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the Replayer.jar program works with the 5000 series? My friend just got a 5040 and tried this out .. puts in the IP of the replay and nothing pops up. No error box, just nothing.

The ReplayPC DOS program works - it finds the replay, lists the shows and can d/l. But he's not comfy with DOS so the java program worked great.

Can anyone give me any suggestions to pass on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
No, Replayer hasn't been updated since the 4.3 software was downloaded. It's a shame 'cuz it is a nice interface for just downloading mpeg's, but you have to realize that these little programs take a lot of personal resources of the codesmiths.

You might try "airedale's" GUI for ReplayPC or DV Archive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NJChris
... But he's not comfy with DOS ...
I created two batch files (.bat) and don't have to "do" much in DOS. You might create/put the .bat files on the desktop or whever they will be convenient.

These .bat files assume that ReplayPC.exe is at the root of C: and that it is OK to store the .mpgs there as well - you can certainly move them later! Obviously the IP address needs to be be changed (see 411zones).

Relaypc-list.bat
Code:
Code:
cd C:\\
replaypc 192.168.1.xyz -d >Replay_list.txt
pause
(The Pause statement allows me to verify that everything went OK).

Double click the replaypc_list.bat file on the desktop. A DOS window will open and the replay_list.txt file will be created. Open the Replay_list.txt file in something that has a sort command. When sorted, this file will show all recordings on the Replay in order by date.

Choose your desired mpgs by matching the date and time to the shows you know you record (each will also have a .evt and a .ndx - ignore those.) Copy the filename and paste it over the filename in the 2nd batch file:

Replaypc_get.bat
Code:
Code:
replaypc 192.168.1.xyz -e file.mpg
pause
if you want to transfer several files, just add commands and paste in the appropriate filenames:

Replaypc_get.bat
Code:
Code:
replaypc 192.168.1.xyz -e file1.mpg
replaypc 192.168.1.xyz -e file2.mpg
replaypc 192.168.1.xyz -e file3.mpg
pause
Keep the .bat files around to use next time! (be sure and delete any extra replaypc commands).

... it works for me! YMMV. :)

-steve-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.