AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's nice to see you posting again, ReplayLyndon. I thought I saw a few weeks ago that you were looking for other gainful employment.

What's your current status with SonicBlue?

Is there any hope you can give us for service beyond the end of the month?

Tim

· Registered
156 Posts
I also was itching to ask ReplayLyndon this question tluxon to give me some peace of mind, but was afraid I would get the expected silence or no comment on the April 15 issue which is usually mandated by company management on their employees on matters like this.

· Registered
4,827 Posts
IMO I don't think ReplayLyndon knows any more then we do. He's just an

employee who is in the same boat we are. Waiting for the 15th and hoping for the best.

· Registered
3,686 Posts
Most companies I've worked for - if I want to know the inside poop on what's happening in my company, I usually gotta call someone who works somewhere else and ask them instead.

People inside the company are invariably the last to know.

· Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
Most companies I've worked for - if I want to know the inside poop on what's happening in my company, I usually gotta call someone who works somewhere else and ask them instead.

Every once in awhile, you can get "inside" information that suitable for the public to know but hasn't been published. I'm sure not going to ask TiVo for what they think/know.

· Registered
915 Posts
Working hard as usual. Still trying to pause or rewind everything I come across.

If you start seeing posts from JustLyndon, you'll know I'm no longer with SB/highest bidder. I don't have any privileged info about what's going to happen on 4/15.

Yes, there were a few weeks between 12/6/02 and sometime in February when I was not in the employ of SB.

I sincerely doubt I could give you peace of mind. SB is working to make the transition as smooth as possible. And, then the rest is up to the new owners.

Personally, I'm confident I'll be able to record the next DUNE series, if there is one, on my replaytv. Frank Herbert's Dune series, that is...

· Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rugby
I just hope I can record all the farscape episodes scifi channel is airing.

Oh yeah, and I hope i can record stuff long after that is over.

Good luck SB.
Yeah, me too. Ironically, I missed the pilot episode, but have gotten everythign else.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JimWCB
Yeah, me too. Ironically, I missed the pilot episode, but have gotten everythign else.
i missed the second episode. frell... they're repeating season 4 on Saturday mornings.

· Registered
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots

There's always f*ckedcompany.com.... :)

-Brian

· Registered
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JimWCB
FORGET recording it, you HAVE to get the Season One DVD box set: 5.1 digital sound, behind the scenes stuff and best of all its UNEDITED!

See the stuff the Sci Fi (bast*rds) CUT OUT!

...and thats all I have to say about that...

· Registered
427 Posts
Quote:
FORGET recording it, you HAVE to get the Season One DVD box set: 5.1 digital sound, behind the scenes stuff and best of all its UNEDITED!

See the stuff the Sci Fi (bast*rds) CUT OUT!

...and thats all I have to say about that...
Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I've seen preview clips on some other DVDs from ADV and they look amazing - if all the transfers are that good I will buy the entire series. It looked like the best TV series to DVD transfer I have ever seen, almost as good as HDTV.

· Registered
483 Posts
Jerry we might have differing opinions of the GPL =P but the farscape DVD's are the best of the TV shows in my collection, Angel, Buffy, SG-1, Babylon 5, 24... Farscape has the best picture and sound of all of them. I think you'd be pleased with how well they did them.

· Registered
4,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrl
Jerry we might have differing opinions of the GPL =P but the farscape DVD's are the best of the TV shows in my collection, Angel, Buffy, SG-1, Babylon 5, 24... Farscape has the best picture and sound of all of them. I think you'd be pleased with how well they did them.
especially the season-5 dvd's...they really turned out well

· Registered
419 Posts
I will eventually get the dvd's, however I don't have $200 lying around for both seasons. Each episode of this show I see makes me like it even more. Too bad something this high of quality got the axe. Good thing there's always the Anna Nicole Smith show to calm my nerves......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.