AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone in the group is interested, I'm auctioning off my last pre-4000 Replay TV unit. This one is the 2004 model, purchased by me in April 1999 and never upgraded or modified. It includes all the original accessories and cables, etc. and works great. The opening bid is 1 cent with no reserve, and the high bidder takes it away....Here is the link to the auction...

[Link Removed]

Thanks for looking, Randy

[Sorry...the link has been removed for we do not allow links to auctions.]

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Up to 7 cents!

I mainly want to get a good look at the circuitboard and remote. Yes, this is absurdly sad.

Is there anybody in the Portland OR area interested in actually *using* it? If so, maybe we could bid together.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey jtl if you win it I'll swap you for my RTV3030 which is in similiar condition as Randy's. Randy's ad copy says the 2004 is rated at 26 hrs. Is that correct?

I'm primarily interested in the 2004 as a macrovision stripper. Randy's ad copy says it passes macrovision through--I thought it strips it. Can anyone confirm how it handles macrovision?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That'd work great for me, if I win.

The old Replay webpages said 26 hours for the 2004, yes.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Well it looks like you two penny pinchers have been blown outta the water! :)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
But that doesn't have to stop the deal. jtl perhaps you can trade arjay a 30 hour 2020 for his 3030? That would still work the same for macrovision stripping?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'd half-promised my 80 hour 2020 to a buddy from work, after my 4500 shows up -- if he decides he doesn't want it after all, that's a possibility. I still won't get to see the innards of a 200x, though.

oh woe is me

·
Registered
678 Posts
C'mon there are ReplayTV experts here!

Do all ReplayTV 2XXX models strip macrovision, as I thought, or is the copy in Randy's auction announcement correct and some pass it through?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Yep sorry Mr. "Eight Cents Short of One Thin Dime" arjay (ECSOTD ;) ). Don't have any of those earliest units, but I always understood they did the same as the 2020 on the MV which I can vouch for.

Better still get confirmation from someone with one.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Please note....we do not allow links to auction sites. This is because this site would become full of such links from all kinds of sellers due to the traffic we receive.

Thank you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL

Better still get confirmation from someone with one.
Thanks, Ken, for your two cents. :rolleyes:

If anyone is interested in Randy's auction they'll now have to do an eBay search for ReplayTV to find that "missing link".

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arjay

Thanks, Ken, for your two cents. :rolleyes:

arjay but I insist... it was your two cents! Your two cents is always worth as much as KenL's -- perhaps more -- if you've been around the block twice? :D

Now if someone can just solve the riddle of the mv on the first Replay models then arjay can finally get his money's worth?

Being that I remember that mv passthrough was something added for the 3xxx series I'm quite sure you are in luck with any of the oldest ones?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL

Being that I remember that mv passthrough was something added for the 3xxx series I'm quite sure you are in luck with any of the oldest ones?
I think so too. I was surprised to see Randy's auction copy stated otherwise.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
MV detection & creation was added in the 3000/showstopper series -- my ReplayModels page links to some threads here from the time, talking about it & including Replay's official statement on the subject. I'm too bloody lazy to go find the links again now though.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jtl
...I'm too bloody lazy to go find the links again now though.
Me too isn't that a pity. Oh well you can back up your claims by selling arjay your 2080 (2020) for seven cents! Does that sound fair enough? I'm sure arjay would offer to pay shipping? :D:D

(BTW a word to all penny pinching cheapskates... KenL is only kidding) (KenL certainly isn't lazy) ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry RandyShimka- could not find your auction for .01 dollar and that prevents me from bidding. I already asked my spouse's permission and secured the funds (all of 1 cent). So if you wish to finish your action prematurely and setup a private one for me, please PM.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.