Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Tonight when I turned on tv it started up but there was no picture or sound. I pressed the channel guide and it came up. I chose a channel and it went to that channel like normal but the screen was blank. Yesterday it worked fine. I checked to see if my recorded shows would work, they did. The show I recorded today was recorded but completely blank. I called up support and they said remove all wires and reinsert. They said if that doesn't work that it may be a hard drive failure and that I would have to mail it to them and it would cost 199.00$.

It appears to work but all I see is a blank screen. I get my channel guide with the correct shows. When I select a show the channel guide switches to that channel but then the screen is blank.

Please tell me what to do.

Lost

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
You should reboot the recorder. Hold the power button in for 10 seconds. If it still will not tune unplug the recorder for 1 minute then power back on. If it still will not tune do 777 zones "restore factory default".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Mikeyboy. I really appreciate it!

I tried what you mentioned including unplugging unit for 30 min. prior to writing. I should have mentioned. The 777zones though, I hadn't done. I will watch the remaining shows that was taped and then try the 777 zones suggestion. Oh I do hope that works. I am not sure if I can figure out how to put the files on a new hard drive. It all seems complicated. I will write back this afternoon after I try 777 zones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the 777 zones and it is working now. I can't figure out why this happened. Do you or anyone else know the cause for that to happen (blank screen) ?

Thanks and this site is great!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
No, chalk it up to software glitch. Just part of living with electronics, especially computers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.