AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone been able to download mpegs from a ReplayTV 4500 unit using SwapDV (or any other extraction utility for that matter?)

I only get a message saying that SwapDV is unable to locate the mpeg when I try. I can browse through the show listings but no extraction utilities seem to be able to get the mpegs.

Any feedback would be apreciated.

John.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
No. It's been pointed out in several other threads here that the current version of SwapDV is not compatible with Replay 4500s. But it's not SwapDV's fault: it's because the Replay 4000 itself is not compatible with the 4500 (see this thread ). Since SwapDV emulates a current Replay 4000, it's not compatible w/ 4500s.

It will take Sonic Blue a minimum of 2-3 more weeks to release the 4.3 software update for the Replay 4000 to make them compatible with the 4500. I expect the SwapDV developers will have an update soon, too.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The version of ReplayPC in the source tree (publically accessible via anonymous cvs, or for browsing with a web browser -- see http://replaypc.sourceforge.net/ ) can do it, on linux at least. The one Windows tester had problems, probably unrelated to the 4500 changes, but no windows networking expert has looked at it yet as far as I know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The windows tester reported that ReplayPC hung in his DOS prompt, but that he was able to Ctrl-C out of the hang. Interestingly, he reported the same behavior when he simply tried to telnet to the Replay. It seems quite possible that this is not related to ReplayPC at all. It may "just work".

--Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.