AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my replay 5040 and my originally silent fan is now starting to make what sounds like rattling noises.

Since I did the HDD upgrade, I cant really send it back for service.

Does anyone know the size/brand of the fan used? It looks like 80 or 90mm, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to replace the fan with a good quality ball bearing or fluid bearing unit.

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it is a 92x25 mm fan. double check the height with a ruler before ordering one though. i think a 92x35 would also probably fit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the fan 12 volts or 120V AC? I did some measuring screw to screw on the outside and I'm thinking it may actually be a 80mm.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Some folks have 'fixed' the fan noise with a voltage reduction rewiring job that looks pretty easy, and I've not seen any complaints about the fan not being up to the job afterwards (YMMV depending on heat in your rack, etc.). The fan isn't a standard PC fan size, and the voltage change is really simply. Search for 'fan and wires' and you should find it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok got the info..

Part # Delta AFB0812LB 80x80x15mm

Ball Bearing Fan

12VDC

2400 RPM

24.72 CFM

27.5 DB-A

The depth available for the new fan may be an issue.. I figure I can maybe use a 20mm deep fan but thats about it (unless I want to mount it outside).

I found an ADDA Hypro Bearing Fan (Fluid Bearing) w/ similar specs for $10.73 here

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand...e_pcodeid=6640

PS.. It uses a 2 pin connector (at least on my unit)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.