AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three weeks ago I upgraded my ReplayTV 5040 with a 120GB Maxtor HDD. For the first week it worked great and had no problems what so ever. But, these last two weeks about every third time it calls in to get software or channel updates it just crashes/freezes at the "Now transfering data from the ReplayTV Service. Press STOP to stop the transfer. Checking for new ReplayTV software..." To use my unit again I would have to unplug it for a couple minutes and then plug it back in again, because it would not respond to the remote or the power button on the ReplayTV's front panel. Like I said a few weeks ago I upgraded with a new HDD, now I checked all the system info and everything seems to be in order. After I did the upgrade (in which I just replaced the existing HDD with the bigger one) I did not do a factory reset which I guess would erase everything but the OS. Would this help? If so how would you perform this again? The ReplayTV customer service gave me a couple codes to type in on the remote to make it call in for channel info and another to do a factory reset, but I forget what they were. O yeah one more thing ever since I upgraded the HDD I've noticed that commercial advace has become increasingly more inaccurate. This may have no correlation with the other more major problem, but it is noticably different. I checked and my software version no. is: 530451320. Well if anybody has had similar problems please give me any enlightenment on how you solved it, thanx!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Most likely it's all a coincidence. The 5xxx series has a known problem

when using modem to dialin. It'll hang during nightly net connects

displaying message of downloading software updates.

If you use ethernet, you won't see this problem. If you must use dialup,

the workaround is to disconnect phone plug and manually connect plug/

net connect once a week. If it hangs, you can be there to reboot it. It

shouldn't hang if it can't detect dial tone.

Replay has acknowledged this problem and is working on a fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know what the remote control code is for factory reset and to enter that menu to force dialing in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.