Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks
Go here to get Video2ReplayTV.bat which will transcode not only AC3 but most any other format as well. You don't have to do anything but drag the video file over to it and drop it there.
I did find all the necessary components, but when I try to convert a .mpg file it gives me an error.

Digital Video to 5K ReplayTV Converter 2005-12-30

Written by Rex Rivers - mailto:[email protected]

Land of Awes Information Services - Wichita, Kansas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This batch file will convert most digital video files to a "MEDIUM" quality

5K ReplayTV format which can be streamed via the DVArchive program.

Seems that stream 0 comes from film source: 29.97->24.00

Input #0, mpeg, from 'H:\\Convert\\Minnesota Cuke Full.mpg':

Duration: 00:42:58.1, bitrate: 4784 kb/s

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 720x480, 29.97 fps

Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x0000

Output #0, vcd, to 'H:\\Convert\\Minnesota Cuke Full.SVCD.mpeg':

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 720x480, 29.97 fps, q=2-31, 7413 kb/s

Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s

Stream mapping:

Stream #0.0 -> #0.0

Stream #0.1 -> #0.1

Unsupported codec (id=10) for input stream #0.1

Error=1

A problem occurred that prevented the video from converting.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlparker
Be farwarned that if you pay for the upgrade to the current womble which says it supports "replaytv edit files" to auto-edit out the commercials, this only works for 50xx SERIES AND BEYOND replaytv files (which use a text file format for their edit into). The 40xx series uses a binary format which neither the current version of womble (which I annoyingly paid for and got no value in return for since I have a 4080 (well, actually a 40320 :))). Caveat emptor.

As far as I know, there is still no piece of software out there that will utilize the 40xx series edit files to allow you to auto-edit out commercials - IF SO, SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THIS FOR LITERALLY *YEARS* NOW!
Good advice. This is the exact reason I dropped $200 bucks last week and ordered 2 5080's off of eBay. I am retiring my 4508.

BTW, you would not believe the difference in quality. If I had known how much better a 5xxx series looked than a 45xx, I would have switched a long time ago. I watched the Panther's game on my 5080 last Sunday and I only saw a tiny bit of pixilization once (is pixilization a real word?). I stopped watching live football games on my 4508 because of the poor quality.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnl
Good advice. This is the exact reason I dropped $200 bucks last week and ordered 2 5080's off of eBay. I am retiring my 4508.

BTW, you would not believe the difference in quality. If I had known how much better a 5xxx series looked than a 45xx, I would have switched a long time ago. I watched the Panther's game on my 5080 last Sunday and I only saw a tiny bit of pixilization once (is pixilization a real word?). I stopped watching live football games on my 4508 because of the poor quality.
Didn't the 50xx versions take out the commercial skip feature? That's the main reason I never upgraded. Also, are they are easy to "upgrade" the hard drive (I did my 80mb to a 320mb in an hour) as the 40xx's? TIA,

Terry

PS- GIGO applies to these babies big-time -- a weak signal makes for an awful picture, you can stick an amp in and all of a sudden, whammo, beautiful picture. I also use a "dead" Voom satellite box to get my HDTV signals and feed them to my 40320 via S-video and they look awesome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlparker
Didn't the 50xx versions take out the commercial skip feature? That's the main reason I never upgraded. Also, are they are easy to "upgrade" the hard drive (I did my 80mb to a 320mb in an hour) as the 40xx's? TIA,

Terry

PS- GIGO applies to these babies big-time -- a weak signal makes for an awful picture, you can stick an amp in and all of a sudden, whammo, beautiful picture. I also use a "dead" Voom satellite box to get my HDTV signals and feed them to my 40320 via S-video and they look awesome.
The 50xx series still has CA. They removed it from the 55xx series.

Never tired an upgrade, I use DVA. From what I understand, they are very similiar in that regard.

I have noticed the GIGO principle with the Replays, but in my case, I unplugged the 4508, stuck the 5080 in its place, hooked the same wires back up, and instant better picture. I am only using the coax. I should have tried S-Video, but never got around to trying it. I need to add that to my list.

-Lee

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinnl
I did find all the necessary components, but when I try to convert a .mpg file it gives me an error.

Digital Video to 5K ReplayTV Converter 2005-12-30

Written by Rex Rivers - mailto:[email protected]

Land of Awes Information Services - Wichita, Kansas

This batch file will convert most digital video files to a "MEDIUM" quality

5K ReplayTV format which can be streamed via the DVArchive program.

Seems that stream 0 comes from film source: 29.97->24.00

Input #0, mpeg, from 'H:\\Convert\\Minnesota Cuke Full.mpg':

Duration: 00:42:58.1, bitrate: 4784 kb/s

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 720x480, 29.97 fps

Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x0000

Output #0, vcd, to 'H:\\Convert\\Minnesota Cuke Full.SVCD.mpeg':

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 720x480, 29.97 fps, q=2-31, 7413 kb/s

Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s

Stream mapping:

Stream #0.0 -> #0.0

Stream #0.1 -> #0.1

Unsupported codec (id=10) for input stream #0.1

Error=1

A problem occurred that prevented the video from converting.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I see a couple of problems.

You may be running a customized version of FFMPEG.EXE that does not have all the code in it. The fact that yours doesn't identify which version it is or what components are included makes this suspect. When you invoke FFMPEG.EXE you should be getting some information like:

ffmpeg version CVS, build 3277056, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard

configuration: --prefix=/c/ffmpeg --enable-mp3lame --enable-libogg --enable-vorbis --enable-theora --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --enable-mingw32 --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-pp --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_wb --enable-gpl --enable-dirac --enable-memalign-hack

built on Dec 9 2005 01:07:09, gcc: 4.0.2

If not, the codec necessary to decipher the audio may not be in the program. This seems like it might be the case because it seems to be finding either no audio or an unknown audio stream in the file (Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x0000).

In addition, it looks like the batch file has been futzed with. It should be generating a ReplayTV compatible SVCD video file, not a VCD video file.

PS: Isn't this a lot of work for a VeggieTales video?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks
I see a couple of problems.

You may be running a customized version of FFMPEG.EXE that does not have all the code in it. The fact that yours doesn't identify which version it is or what components are included makes this suspect. When you invoke FFMPEG.EXE you should be getting some information like:

ffmpeg version CVS, build 3277056, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard

configuration: --prefix=/c/ffmpeg --enable-mp3lame --enable-libogg --enable-vorbis --enable-theora --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --enable-mingw32 --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-pp --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_wb --enable-gpl --enable-dirac --enable-memalign-hack

built on Dec 9 2005 01:07:09, gcc: 4.0.2

If not, the codec necessary to decipher the audio may not be in the program. This seems like it might be the case because it seems to be finding either no audio or an unknown audio stream in the file (Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x0000).

In addition, it looks like the batch file has been futzed with. It should be generating a ReplayTV compatible SVCD video file, not a VCD video file.

PS: Isn't this a lot of work for a VeggieTales video?
The problem was the version of ffmpeg I was using was too old. I found a newer version and I am good to go. Thanks so much for the help and for writing this batch file.

Thanks to Lee T. for the toolkit as well.

-Lee

PS VeggieTales ROCK!!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Right-click and do a save target as.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcrane
Right-click and do a save target as.

Awesome!!! That worked like a charm. Huge thanks to you, Bob, and to all of the others who have worked on these tools, tested them, questioned their function, etc.. Also, many thanks to all involved with DVA, RTVPatch, and all of the other tools, tips, and tricks available for our beloved RTV boxes. You people truly make AVS Forum an invaluable resource.

Thank you !!! Thank you !!! Thank you !!! Thank you !!! Thank you !!!

Larry

381 - 389 of 389 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.