AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size does the ReplayTV 5xxx scale images down to display them on the screen? I'd like to scale them down on the PC prior to saving to the ReplayTV in order to conserve disk space in the photo partition.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I would size them down and reduce quality if necessary. My 1mb images take 5-10 secs each to display even with next pressed on remote. I'm going to try them smaller. The 5xxx is only supposed to support 500k size. The images look great though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by paitken
It scales the image to a full video frame without changing the aspect ratio.
OK, so what's the size of a full video frame?

I'd like to scale down my 1280x960 images to the largest size that is displayable by the ReplayTV without the unit having to do any scaling.

·
Registered
58 Posts
640x480 is the native square-pixel resolution. For display they'll be scaled to 720x480, but those are non-square pixels.

·
Registered
826 Posts
720X480 seems what is working. But your files should not be a meg. Way way too big. The slide show is meant to work with jpegs. I know you can create very dense, very large jpegs, but I'd take the color down to about 16 bit.

Files in the 100,000k and less seem to work best. I've also been able to display some other formats, but wouldn't rely upon them.

Remember there are a number of jpeg formats. Not all work with the viewer. I wish I could tell you which formats work, but I haven't been able to determine exactly which ones aren't being loaded.

If you want to convert different jpeg formats without loading a program like Corel Photo Paint, or Adobe, you can pick up Graphic Workshop on line from Alchemy Mindworks. It's a Canadian company that's been doing graphic conversion shareware for decades. You can get a working copy downloaded from their website. A great utility to have around if you are playing with graphic images.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.