AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching past threads for definitive answers about this but I didn't see any, so here goes...

I'm looking into getting a DirectTV HD receiver. I have ReplayTV right now and getting that to work in a relatively convenient way is of high importance.

Is there any DirectTV HD box that has a serial input for channel control from my Replay?

Is there a box that will output both HD and s-video signals simultaneously? (some past threads said no but maybe that's changed)

thanks,

larry

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I believe there's still no receiver that will do SD and HD simultaneously. This is one of the big features of the upcoming Zenith. I don't know if the Zenith will support serial tuning. I don't think that should be a serious worry for you, though. You can get very reliable IR tuning if you stick the blaster onto the IR window, then cover both with black electrical tape so as to completely prevent stray IR entry. For this, be sure to get a receiver with a UHF remote so you can still do PPV and such.

------------------

Mike Kobb

(Formerly "ReplayMike", but no longer affiliated with the company; these opinions are mine alone.)

[This message has been edited by JustMike (edited 10-10-2001).]

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have a dish 6000 and replay and have replay hooked up to S-video SD mode. The one nice feature is to add Ota to the replay setup and record all your Ota stuff while your watching HD things.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have a dtc 100 and a replaytv. i use the ir blaster and it works on the dtc 100 and feeds either svideo or composite to the replay. even downconverted hd. however - if you leave the dtc 100 on an hd ota - the replay will not switch that part to the direct tv channels. you need to switch the dtc 100 manually or program the dtc timers for the channels and times that you want. i hope this makes sense. by the way - the downconverted hd either direct tv or ota looks great on the replay. i use high quality on the replay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Sony HD-100 is the only unit that I know of that has the low speed data port to use with TIVO or replay TV. The problem that I found was the unit switches channels to sloooow. If you forget to changed back to S-Video input for recoding then you get nothing. I actually kept my older RCA sat receiver to use as a slave for my TIVO and pay the extra $5 per month for the conveince and just use the Sony for HD and to watch while something is being recorded.

Good Luck!

------------------

Denon 2801 Receiver

M&K 125 Speakers

Panasonic CT36HX40

Sony TIVO Receiver

Sony Sat-HD100

RCA Sat Receiver

Sony DVD Player

·
Registered
739 Posts
Sony HD100 has serial interface that works with Replay, but I must switch it for use with Replay. Consequently I don't use Replay too much these days with HDNet, HBO, and 5 Seattle OTA HDTV capable stations available. I really only ever used Replay for "time shifting".

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.