AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a few stores that sell the Showstopper or ReplayTV 30 hour units for about $380-399. Are there any good specials or deals on these units anywhere? I would like to get a unit for my parents. Thanks.

I plan on stopping at Best Buy and see if they have any returns, are they in any special location usually?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have bought 2 SSs from BB in the last 2 weeks. These are the demo machines, open(no) box, with various accessories missing.

HS2000 w/remote $270

HS2000 w/remote and cables $170

I also bought an open box Tivo HDR312 from CC for $150.

I have seen an HS2000 at BB for $219 with nothing but unit(no remote, no power cord, etc.) The clerk said I could have it for $100, but the manager wouldn't bite.

I even saw a hs1000 w/remote, no box, for $250.

I haven't tried to rebate any of these since I don't have a box or UPC. What's the consensus on how likely I can swing a rebate without the UPC? (other poster results seem to vary)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I got a SS1000 about 6 months ago for $150 from BB. No remote, IR blaster, box, or anything else. Several other people got somewhat better or worse deals. Keep your eyes open and you may find a great deal. Depends on how quickly you want it.

Cheers!

Matthew in CO

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
As the guys said, keep checking the stores. I got a HS-1000 for $99 even, open box, no nothing except power cord. Great deal, especially w/ the Rebate (I end up paying $8 after tax). Hard to find, but great deals when you can find 'em. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.