AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my replaytv 5060 about 6 weeks ago and for the first month everything worked great and I loved it. then I got the 110 software and everything went to hell. it started locking up all the time and constantly needed to be rebooted. then one day I came home from work and discovered it frozen in the middle of a recording. after rebooting I couldn't get it past the please wait screen. after talking to india I was given an rma and today I got the replacement 5060. I hook it up and now it freezes at the one moment please screen. still a screen further then the last unit but this is insane, don't they test the units they send out? has anyone else had anything like this happen to them, especially ones with a good outcome? I really just want to have a working replay again.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
landale,

what have you tried in the way of troubleshooting?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried everything from checking the router settings to rebooting with nothing but the output and power cables hooked up to leaving it off for hours and then trying again. but no matter what I do I get the same result with it freezing up. at least this new one is making it past the please wait screen before it freezes on the one moment please screen. I would say it's too bad I never made it in time to sign up for the 5.1 trial but then again who knows when I will have another working replay. of course the woman from india today told me she was authorizing an Advanced Warranty RMA so that this time I would get the replacement replay right away and didn't have to send mine in first.

·
Registered
712 Posts
And you think you have problems....

Read my sig line. I went through a few problems, paid a lot of return shipping, spent hours getting on my ladder to remove, install, remove install, test, india, test, reboot, and spent my 3 month warrantee getting a working refurb.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My 5040 has not been able to download new software since 4/12/03. It currently is running 530451350. It used to crapout around 91% software downloaded and go to "Please Wait". After reading the help guides here I rebooted dozens of times this week using the "push the button" technique, "pulling the plug" technique, and "382 kill everything" technique and now I finally get 100% download and a message that says "new software is available" and will reboot itself in under three minutes or do it later, or do it now. All three of these alternatives results in

permanent "Please Wait", requiring another reboot back to square one.

With all the grief others are getting with updated software I think I may just stick with the weekly forced connection for the guide. All I ever wanted was something better than a VCR.

fwiw Lyndon, my SN: RTV5040J2CA0119564

Lew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.