Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sheer curiosity sake...

Without delving into any of the reasoning behind the question :) ... Is there a way in which one can backlevel the software that resides on a Replaytv unit? Can this be accomplished through laying down a new image on the disk?

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
the images on mikeyboy's ftp site are quite old as far as the OS goes. However, if you re-image with an older version it will probably automatically update itself the next time it connects. That's what mine did.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
You can put previous images on drives, but only if the firmware wasn't changed between the two.

In most cases there is no reason to try to do this though.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
With regard to CA, has anyone noticed that CA is displayed quite visibly on the front panel of the 4k and 5k units?

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
must not like five point oh

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quite the opposite, actually.

The real problem stems from the fact that I have two rptv's on one version, and one (that I just received from an order I made) on a different version. That new rptv of mine can not communicate with the other two.

So, I need to either upgrade one or downgrade two to get interconnectivity working again. So, in this case, there may be a very real and valid reason to be asking the question ...

All that aside, I am not officially sure that I really want to do anything about it yet. The only problem being, I only bought the third replaytv so i could view recorded shows in one more room, as I really don't think there is anything else I am looking to regularly record :) Imagine that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Are they all 4xxx's or all 5XXX's?? The answer is important cuz the 4xxx won't communicate with the 5xxx until there is an upgrade for all of them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry! Rather important bit of info considering the 4xxx's and 5xxx's don't play well together by nature.

So... They are all 5k's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would think that in a rare case like this you might be able to ask one of the Replay titled folks who frequent this thread if it is possible to help.

In past software issues they have done what they can.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great point, thanks MK.

I may go ahead and do just that, though it is a real shame. The only thing standing between me, and not having to sit in a room with my mother-in-law, is video streaming :)

Thanks for the input everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.