AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a replaytv and cablevision customer and have not had a usable program guide since the channel realignment 12/4/02 then sonicblue is not abiding by the contract.

If you would like to send a clear meesage to their management please post here your interest in joining a class action lawsuit to force their compliance - not really as I am not an attorney - but at least lets see if this is a widespread problem since cablevision realigned channels. rbs

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Just curious - what part of "the contract" says that they must support every cable company's channel guide? A contract with you, a contract with them, who?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you one of those people who just hates all businesses, any business, even if it's a business some of us actually like?

The channel guide is free ... and I don't think you have a contract, actually.

Quote:
Originally posted by bstronger
If you are a replaytv and cablevision customer and have not had a usable program guide since the channel realignment 12/4/02 then sonicblue is not abiding by the contract.

If you would like to send a clear meesage to their management please post here your interest in joining a class action lawsuit to force their compliance - not really as I am not an attorney - but at least lets see if this is a widespread problem since cablevision realigned channels. rbs

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I'm not paying for it on any of my 3 RTVs. :D

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
There is a point that the ReplayTVs are not very useful without the guide. Many of the advertised features depend on the guide.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to see I unleashed such controversy - I don't hate anyone or anything. I do feel however that the service we all pay for with the ReplayTV products is not usable if the program guide is not updated - and yes, that is a contract.

Is this unreasonable? I also feel SonicBlue should answer their service telephone to at least explain when they will actually catch up with Cablevision. BTW, the outfit that provides the program guide info to SonicBlue got it right almost immediately so the responsibility here is quite clear. As for the idea of a class action suit my post says "not really" which I think puts the proper perspective on it. ...RBS

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bstronger
BTW, the outfit that provides the program guide info to SonicBlue got it right almost immediately
Excuse me for offering an idea. Have you changed your inputs, forcing a download of the cable services for you (and neighboring) zip codes and trying a listing such as rebuild? The terms that ID the various cable systems are sometimes obscure to figure out. Perhaps removing that input, changing your zip code and relading the cable systems may help you out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Right, often a cable company will change the lineup in stages. To deal with this, the listing services will have multiple listings for the area. Often the new listing has something like "rebuild" in the name. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can simply select an alternate channel lineup in the setup.

·
Registered
912 Posts
From ReplayTV's support FAQ:

My ReplayTV Channel Guide information is not correct on my ReplayTV. What should I do?

If most of the channels are incorrect, please go through setup again and verify that you've chosen the correct channel lineup for your provider.

Upon confirming that the correct provider was selected, please supply the following information via email to our technical support team at [email protected] :

Provider Name:

Provider's Phone Number:

Provider Service: (i.e. basic service, digital cable, etc. Also, please specify whether or not this is a special lineup for an Apartment or Mobile Home complex.)

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Channel discrepancy: (be as specific as possible)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Whenever I've encountered guide discrepancies in the past they were always resolved quickly once they were reported to ReplayTV tech support or directly to Zap2It (formerly Tribune) who is the source of the guide information.

Report the discrepancies - with all details on the channels that are mapped incorrectly and they will get it fixed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FlipFlop
From ReplayTV's support FAQ:

My ReplayTV Channel Guide information is not correct on my ReplayTV. What should I do?

If most of the channels are incorrect, please go through setup again and verify that you've chosen the correct channel lineup for your provider.

Upon confirming that the correct provider was selected, please supply the following information via email to our technical support team at [email protected] :

Provider Name:

Provider's Phone Number:

Provider Service: (i.e. basic service, digital cable, etc. Also, please specify whether or not this is a special lineup for an Apartment or Mobile Home complex.)

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Channel discrepancy: (be as specific as possible)
I expected to see what happen. And it did. But I am not yelling

for Class action. If they don't fix it soon. Yell. If they won't fix it,

then they have a suit coming. Part of the activation fee is to expect

a somewhat reasonable correct guide. It's IMPLIED in the contract.

No activation. No guide and a expensive doorstop.

If enought people Ping replay then they will respond. Actually I expect

to go home tonight and find it fixed. So this maybe all moot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.