AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to change the subject here to something other than "will guide service continue after tuesday".

what do you think of the brand name 'ReplayTV'?

people have discussed here on this forum many times before how the TiVo name gets noticed and recognized more often because it's so simple to say. so, "what the hell", i thought, "why don't they just call it Replay? oh, wait, you can't brand something 'Replay'! it's an official dictionaryized word."

still they could call it the 'Replay DVR' and everybody'd call it Replay. think about it: it's two syllables as opposed to four. much easier. when i say 'ReplayTV' to someone, i get the feeling that when i finish the word, they're already sound asleep.

anyway, vote on the poll because it has zimbabwe in it. :p

·
Registered
971 Posts
How about ReplayVideo? Then, just shorten it to RiVo. That should eliminate all confusion!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I am glad they shortened the name...

Back in '97, the company was doing a great amount of PR... We had the (name escapes me) CEO on our radio talk show. He was touting the features and launch dates, yada yada... Sounded like a great concept, however, the name is what stuck with me!

He called it the Playyourfavoriteshowsagainandagainandagainifyouwanttobecause thisgizmowillrecordshowsandstorethemforatimethatisconvenient foryoutowatchthemTV.

Ahhh, reminiscing...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
lol - any brand name with VD in it is okay in my book :D
So is it an addiction, or a sexually transmitted disease? :)

I didn't see the name connection at first. I was thinking in terms of DVD, not physical sciences. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbarr
How about ReplayVideo? Then, just shorten it to RiVo. That should eliminate all confusion!
That should go over like a Led Zeppelin.

The people in Alviso won't like it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How about CommercialessTV?

Of course, if we shortened that it would be either CommTV (which wouldn't be very discriptive) or CTV (which would get confused with a County TV station).

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jbarr
isn't there an electric hairbrush called Revo?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by C44335
That should go over like a Led Zeppelin.
As opposed to a LEAD Zeppelin, which the yanks would never pronouce right!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
As opposed to a LEAD Zeppelin, which the yanks would never pronouce right!
One day I will learn to spell.

Lead is correct, that's how it was ment originally by Keith Moon.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
ReplayTV is fine. All my friends call it Replay anyway. They always ask if I "Replay-ed" the show when they know I've been busy while something I really like was on.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.