AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents have the Dish Network, and they are getting a ReplayTV. Dish Network allows you to run two TV's off of one box in a master/slave configuration. They have a UHF remote so that they can control the master box from the room where the slave TV is located. With this configuration, how would you set up a ReplayTV to work in both the master and slave locations? If that won't work, what is a good way to set it up?

Any other Dish Network gotchas?

Thanks,

Runny

·
Registered
507 Posts
Good question, I have thought about getting the dish 322 but am not sure of how things worked on it. If I remember it had a UHF for changing one tuner and an IR for the other. You can not have the Replay work for both TVs, but I would have the replay work with the TV that has the IR tuner as you will need to use the IR Blaster that comes with the ReplayTV.

Sorry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone ever used a ReplayTV with a 322 tuner? I was thinking about doing this very same thing? Wonder if the IR blaster can control the local tuner?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D1950

and make the IR blaster signal to these. Since the IR blaster has a nice long wire, you can "hide it" some where that your ReplayTV remote wont affect it. That way you can keep the receiver in another room, but you might have to run a coax cable from the receiver output to the replay a long distance unless you have extra coax cables in your walls at each outlet and a distribution panel to re-route the feed.

Uh, I think I just confused myself. I can draw you a picture if you need it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I said something wrong here. What I am trying to do is essentially use a 322(Tuner 1) and a Replay TV in my main TV room, and the UHF remote for the 322(Tuner 2) will go in my bedroom. I will run a coax up to my bedroom from tuner 2. That part I think I am OK with. My only worry is will the ReplayTV IR Blaster correctly control the 322(Tuner 1) the same way it does with, say a 301 Dish Receiver or my digital cable box.

Am I explaining this right? There may be something I am missing and just not understanding in your explanation...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mjrusso45
I think I said something wrong here. What I am trying to do is essentially use a 322(Tuner 1) and a Replay TV in my main TV room, and the UHF remote for the 322(Tuner 2) will go in my bedroom. I will run a coax up to my bedroom from tuner 2. That part I think I am OK with. My only worry is will the ReplayTV IR Blaster correctly control the 322(Tuner 1) the same way it does with, say a 301 Dish Receiver or my digital cable box.

Am I explaining this right? There may be something I am missing and just not understanding in your explanation...
Not exactly sure about the 322.. .but, the RTV will control the IR. If the 322 has IR commands to allow things like Picture in Picture on one TV or something, be careful.

You should be able to control and record tuner 1 on the RTV and watch Tuner 2 native over coax in another room.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.