AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot reply to the thread 'new integra DVD player' so I post new thread. I've got no idea why.

Anyway, all the Integra products are the same as Onkyo's inside design. The only difference is outside cosmetics. Integra looks like Intgra Research.

DPS 7.2 has the exact same features as DV-S757. No base management for DVD-A paly back. As far as I know, DENON DVM 4800 is the only one that has DVD-A bass management.

I've got no measuring equipment so I cannot verify the roll-offs in high with technical measurement but only with AVIA sweeping pattern. If you have this unit, test with AVIA. Especially on 6.75MHz pattern, you cannot see whole of the vertical lines while Sony DVP-S9000ES shows all of them. 9000ES was the contender during the review. The system was DV-S757- iSCAN pro - Barco CINE 7 and 9000ES-Barco CINE 7. It's nonsence to compare non-prog player with prog one. We just try to find out what advantage 757 has when the user already has outboard scaler or highend TV with top grade deinteracer. As I mentioned, with outboard scaler 757 showed soft image(not so sharp as 9000ES) full of saturation. It was nice but not impressive. There are a lot of cheaper players way better on video. It's audio playback was good but not top notch thogh. Just way better than entry cd palyers. So I mentioned, with $800, Toshiba SD9200 is the better choice. Its audio peformence was regarded A class by Stereophile while DPS 9.1 rated at B class. DPS 9.1 is the same as DV-S939. 757 was almost the same but not better than 939 in audio playback. Neither in video performence.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
evaa,

I believe both new Kenwood Sovereign DVD players (DV-5700 5-disc and DV-5900M 400-disc) with DVD-A capability have bass management.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.