AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded from cable to DishNetwork and I am kinda disappointed with how switching channels works. If i switch channels too fast on the reply the dish receives does not keep up and eventually lands on a channels that I do not subscribe to. Then the reply tv is basically locked up until I switch to satellite, hit the up arrow, switch back to reply, and then switch the channel again.

I have made a custom guide on the dish receiver to include only the channels I subscribe too and did the same for the replay. Unfortunately the system still gets confused if I go to fast. Is there any better way?

thanks

tkos

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found it useful on my Replay/Dishnetwork setup (at least for changes by number and for selections from the channel guide, NOT up and down channel buttons) to use the fine tuning settings shown in the FAQ for someone's cable box. At least it no longer requires selecting a channel from the guide twice as it used to do. Hope this helps with your problem. You can always return to the defaults if it doesn't work for you.

By the way, I'm guessing, but I think the part that did the most good was telling it to "send the enter key" after channel selection.

Patrick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.