AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..I have a ReplayTV 5040 and a Sat-A65 and I'm trying to be able to switch channels using the serial connection...

I read in the FAQ:

-----------------------------

DTSFan: I have succesfully controlled a Sony SAT-A65, Sony SAT-A55 and Sony SAT-HD100 via the serial port from ReplayTV models 20xx, 30xx and 45xx. The RCA DRD450RG did NOT work. It would power off every time I changed a channel via the ReplayTV.

-----------------------------

My problem is that I get it all set up, I go to change channels through the serial connection(low speed data connection) and although the menu comes up to change the channel, the channel changes to the very same channel i was already on..

any ideas? DTSFan? or anyone else? I did hook it up temperarly through the IR and was able to change channels that way but we need to be able to use the serial connection.

the techsupport was pretty worthless and told me just to shut it down and let it reset..

any help would be much appreciated!!

-Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
The FAQ says the A65A will not work so if you have one of those you may be out of luck. My A65 works fine, BUT if the RTV is unpluged for any reason you MUST unplug the A65 and let it reboot before it will respond. Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damnit, that sucks...I have the A65A.....Weird thing is that everywhere I look online, it seems like there is no difference between the A65 and the A65A.. they look exactly the same and are selling for the same prices..

So when someone said they got their A65 working, I assumed the A65A was the same deal.

am I sol?

thanks for the quick responses :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.