AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Whoa didnt know 8ks were on the near horizon. Most like 4k for me.
The 4Ks are going to be faaar more affordable than the soon-to-be-relased 8K OLEDs for the next 3-4 years ;).

I went from a 55EC9300 to a 65C6P - between the larger screen size, the higher definition / smaller pixels, and the ability to display HDR, it"s a very worthwhile upgrade.

Plus I'll bet you'll be able to pick up an entry-level 65" 4K WOLED for less than you paid for your 55EC9300 ;). [assuming you are a prudent shopper and wait for the November pricibg 'dip' to purchase yur OLED TVs]

·
Registered
15 Posts
The camera pic makes the burn in look worse than in person. If I pause that youtube test and get close to the tv i can make out matching burned in images to the game screen.I can also make out the symbol “E” in the bottom right which is from my wife and e entertainment. She watches a TON of that garbage.

I wonder if my burn in happened because of the high light setting.
The only burn-in I notice is the from the lower long blue horizontal life or mana bar along the bottom of the screen.

Except for burn in of the NBC peacock, this is the first example I've seen of blue burn-in; normally it's yellow or orange or red (CNN logo being the classic example).

You're lucky because red burn-in is far more visible on normal content due to skin tones. If you don't see that blue burn-in on content now, hopefully it doesn't get much worse before you upgrade to a larger size.

Your high OLED Light setting does contribute to the rapidity by which your burn-in is developing - reducing output intensity by half should reduce the rate of burn-in by 50% (meaning twice as long to develop the same level of burn-in).

So if you are continueig to play that same game, you will extent the number if hours before the burn-in becomes visible on content by lowering OLED Light to the lowest level you consider acceptable.

Of course the best way to avoid additional burn-in of blue is to stop playing that specific game on your EC9300 (including playing that specific game on a inexpensive LCD TV /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif).

On the burn-in caused by your wife's watching of 'e entertainment', if you can snap a quick pic of the screen / 'e' you believe caused the burn-in and well as a pic if the burn-in itself (both pics zoomed-in if needed) that would be great (along with whatever estimate you and/or your wife can provide on total cumulative hours displaying that specific screen).

There is so much misinformation about burn-in of WOLED TVs that many of us hunger for factual evidence by honest members such as yourself (hence all the quuestions and requests for pictures).

I don't want to scare you, but for contrast, attached is a pic from the rtings.com 2017 burn-in test to show how badly the CNN logo can burn into a 2017 WOLED after playing the CNN channel with OLED Light 100 for a total of 20x7x44 = ~6000 cumulative hours:

(and the dark 'ghost' you see in the middle of the screen is caused by the fact that CNN does not represent truly random content but has a high amount of talking heads or newscasters speaking ftom the center of the screen).
Here is a picture zoomed in on the “E”. It is very faint and only visible when standing close. Camera doesnt pick it up well. I would say there is over 500 hours of this station. You can barely make out the bottom of the E exclamation point in the lower middle of the blue pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
How good is the 77” C8 tv? Im really liking that size but have read that in early 2019 they will be getting a processor upgrade and true 120 fps. Any news on the new ones or the c8 that is out now?

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
Here is a picture zoomed in on the “E”. It is very faint and only visible when standing close. Camera doesnt pick it up well. I would say there is over 500 hours of this station. You can barely make out the bottom of the E exclamation point in the lower middle of the blue pic.
Yeah, that's prefty faint. Because that E looks like it is not fully-saturated (Baby Blue rather than Cobalt Blue), there is some white mixed in which means it is going to burn-in far, far more slowly than your fully-saturated Cobalt Blue Mana bar...

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
How good is the 77” C8 tv? Im really liking that size but have read that in early 2019 they will be getting a processor upgrade and true 120 fps. Any news on the new ones or the c8 that is out now?
The C8 appears to be pretty good TV but we'll have more details about the C9 in less than a month now (and there are also better threads to ask this question).

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
11793 hours on my 55EC9300 sheesh

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Would you be able to run this vid...give us a report? And comment how well your tv looks and has held up thru the years, any repairs you have had? Will your next tv be an Oled?

Reactions: GhaSper_-

·
Registered
692 Posts
Honestly for normal use(movies, streaming and games) it seems as good as ever. I have noticed the slight burn in before when blue and sometime green blankish screens come up. I love the tv. It still looks better than non oleds that are out today and its only 1080p! Next purchase is a large oled.

I feel the same way about my 55EC9300. Have had it in my den for close to 4 years and it still looks amazing. We get compliments from many who visit. I do plan on going to the 65 4K version at some point. My problem is the other rooms with TV's already have nice plasmas that although much older are still performing well. Kind of waiting for one of them to kick the bucket.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ill have to check sometime but my 2 and a half year old 65" 9600 (UB board, for HDR over HDMI) has close to 5000 hours I believe from when I last checked in settings and still works great! Still have warranty until end of summer 2020, and I'd be upset if my set went out, but I really feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it already for the sale price I got it for back then, which would still be a jaw dropper for 2018 pricing (even though there are newer models, sure)

Same color pop, same banding (hasnt gotten better or worse, its a tolerable amount), minimal vignetting, same tint uniformity (if anything that has gotten a little bit better, the left is slightly hotter, havent noticed in a while.. it either ironed itself out or I stopped caring).. happy with it!

Cant comment on longevity of C6 because its my bedroom set which replaced 9300 when that went out, and havent watched a ton of tv on it or anything, but still seems pretty close to perfect and in same state, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would you be able to run this vid...give us a report? And comment how well your tv looks and has held up thru the years, any repairs you have had? Will your next tv be an Oled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEsCprsVJaQ
I took a look at the attached test I didn't notice any issues with the screen. The TV has held up very well over the years and I don't plan to replace until it fails.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I took a look at the attached test I didn't notice any issues with the screen. The TV has held up very well over the years and I don't plan to replace until it fails.

Thank you for sharing :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My LG 55ec9300 Oled has done 10737 hrs an is still as good as when I purchased it.
I have 4 kids and it has had its fair share of use.
We spent a combined 800+ hours playing Zelda BOTW which has a HUD in the bottom left side with no sign of BI.
4k & HDR keep me interested in upgrading but it's still just too gorgeous to dismiss to the man cave.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
My LG 55ec9300 Oled has done 10737 hrs an is still as good as when I purchased it.
I have 4 kids and it has had its fair share of use.
We spent a combined 800+ hours playing Zelda BOTW which has a HUD in the bottom left side with no sign of BI.
4k & HDR keep me interested in upgrading but it's still just too gorgeous to dismiss to the man cave.
Thank you for sharing :)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
It would take me 30+ years to get to 10k+ hours.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I have over 14000 hrs on my OLED e6. No problems. I regularly play video games (X-Box, Playstation) watch movies, netflix etc etc...
Lot of hours. What olight levels do you use?

81 - 100 of 246 Posts