AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm getting started with my first audio setup and home theater . I've almost settled on a set of PSB alpha speakers (although I still want to go listen to some Morduant Short Alumni), and I'm trying to decide on a good receiver. I'll be watching plenty of movies, but my main concern in terms of quality is stereo music.

I really like some of the Cambridge Audio devices. However, the ones in my price range don't have enough hdmi inputs. My two hard requirements are (1) the receiver must be $600 or less (preferably more like $500), and (2) it must have at least 3 hdmi inputs.

And I know a lot of this is personal preference, but I'm curious to hear what yours is. (While I did get to listen to some speakers in stores, I didn't get the impression they really wanted to start switching receivers around, especially for a budget customer. So, I don't think I'm going to get to listen before I buy.)

Here are the devices I'm considering right now. Let me know if you have any thoughts on them or anything else.

-Harman Kardon AVR 1600

-Marantz NR1501 (slimline)

-Integra DTR 20.1

-Denon AVR 1610 and AVR 1910

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknoogleplex /forum/post/18289813

Hi, I'm getting started with my first audio setup and home theater . I've almost settled on a set of PSB alpha speakers (although I still want to go listen to some Morduant Short Alumni), and I'm trying to decide on a good receiver. I'll be watching plenty of movies, but my main concern in terms of quality is stereo music.

I really like some of the Cambridge Audio devices. However, the ones in my price range don't have enough hdmi inputs. My two hard requirements are (1) the receiver must be $600 or less (preferably more like $500), and (2) it must have at least 3 hdmi inputs.

And I know a lot of this is personal preference, but I'm curious to hear what yours is. (While I did get to listen to some speakers in stores, I didn't get the impression they really wanted to start switching receivers around, especially for a budget customer. So, I don't think I'm going to get to listen before I buy.)

Here are the devices I'm considering right now. Let me know if you have any thoughts on them or anything else.

-Harman Kardon AVR 1600

-Marantz NR1501 (slimline)

-Integra DTR 20.1

-Denon AVR 1610 and AVR 1910

Thanks a ton!

From the options presented I think anyone of the Denons will do just fine. If budget allows get the higher model. You can't go wrong with them.

all the best,

Michael

1 - 2 of 2 Posts