AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello AVS forum,

I've been reading this forum off and on for years. This is a great place to find information. I have a question that I am hoping someone with more knowledge in the field could help me with.

I am converting over from big screen plasma to a projector and I am needing assistance on what type of screen to get. Here are my details:

Room Size: 13 x 15

Projector - Optoma HD65 (Upper wall mounted upside down- lens center at 12.5' throw)

Ambient Light - Moderate- Does have windows- using 99% light blocking drapes

Dedicated Theater: No- this is in a living room

Seating Distance - Multiple seats - All within 30 degrees - average of 10'

Type of screen desired: Pulldown (Manual or electric) - Will pull down over a mounted TV that will be used for normal TV viewing.

Screen Size: 106" Diag 16:9

Price Range for Screen: I desire to spend ~$300 or less (I am trying to build on a fairly tight budget)

Hopefully, this will provide the information that you need. What I would like to know is if this was your situation; which screen would you get? What fabric? Color? Should I go grey due to the moderate amount of ambient light in my living room during the day? Would I want low gain or high? I am all new to this projector stuff. I am very excited to have it done, but I want to make a smart purchase decision and need you guys for that.

I would appreciate any and all Input I could get from you guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
106" screen you can just go with any matte white screen(1 gain).

If you want higher gain for more punch and or want to learn about screens read reviews below

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the quick response, Tryg. I located a screen based on your suggestion and running through the links in your sig.

How is the quality of this screen:?

Brand DA-LITE

Model B- 78670

Specifications Viewing Area: 52" x 92"

Diagonal: 106"

Screen Material Matte White

Gain: 1.0

Screen Format HDTV(16:9)

The price on it is only around a 120 bucks. Am I right to be concerned that it could be of poor engineering to be that low of a price? Would this screen be ok for a living room HT? Should I be concerned about wrinkles, hotspots, etc with it?

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts