AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I need speaker/sub woofer setup and troubleshooting assistance. After a few months of using a PC I bought from a friend (of which he built himself) with the mentioned audio system (on AUX setting button), I reformatted it using a Windows 8 install disc (it previously had a bad copy of Windows 8) and upgraded to Windows 8.1. I did not change the speaker configuration but received no sound.

After reformatting, Windows updates, downloading audio drivers (RealTek), MSI system updates and trying various troubleshooting methods, I could hear audio from the two front speakers. However, no bass can be heard. The only time I hear any bass is when I plug and unplug the cord for the sub woofer... it makes a deep but brief bass sound, letting me know that component is on. The button on the sub woofer is on a 5.1 surround option now to get any sort of audio, as putting it on AUX emits silence.

Speakers: GX-GAMING SW-G5.1 3500 http://www.gx-gaming.com/?action=products_detail&wtype=spec&id=17
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (it's listed 8 times in Device Manager under "Processors")
Sound: NVIDIA High Definition Audio/Virtual Audio Device WDM (not configured) and Realtek High Definition Audio along with my Plantronics Wireless Headset Audio
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will revere you as a god. Thanks.
-Revy

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust bass management settings on the PC soundcard.

You should use the 5.1 input, so you'll get 5.1 sound. With the Aux input you'll only get 2.0 or 2.1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you need to adjust bass management settings on the PC soundcard.

You should use the 5.1 input, so you'll get 5.1 sound. With the Aux input you'll only get 2.0 or 2.1
Yeah, that's what I assumed. The 5.1 option is turned on and I set it to 5.1 on RealTek with no luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts