AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was channel surfing last winter and caught part of an episode and thought it was pretty good, so I decided to wait for the DVD of S1 to come out rather than ruin S2 catching it midstream. I’ve always liked Denis Leary so that was an immediate draw for me. Well, I finished watching S1 last week, and while the first four episodes were very good, it tailed off until the last two episodes of the season. The wife commented that it was turning into nothing but sex, and I had to agree, although I wasn’t having a problem looking at those pretty women on the show. And that show is loaded with them! I think the shows concept is very good, with real life struggles and tragedies and how people cope with them, as long as they stay true to that. I thought it began unraveling when everyone started having affairs, and turned into a testosterone driven sex marathon during the middle episodes. I don’t have a problem with sex scenes, but they just seemed to overdo it there for a while and it didn’t add much depth to the story. There were also too many cases of Alzheimer’s showing up at one time as well. It was like they were trying to jam too many scenarios into the show at one time instead of spreading them out. JMO.

Anyway, how was S2 compared to S1? If it was still pretty good I plan on recording S3 and saving it until S2 comes out on DVD and then getting up to speed. Had S1 ended without the final two episodes, I don’t know if I would be interested in watching it again.

·
Premium Member
35,982 Posts
Season 2 has been good so far, not as much sex if that helps. Hard to talk about it since you haven't watched it yet..watching it on DVD is a better experience for sure...FX is an analog channel and it looks it..although since it's letterboxed, zooming it doesn't look so bad..nothing like the DVD though.

Like you, Leary has always been one of my favorites and he won't let you down with season 2, so far..

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ditto season 2! I missed out on season 1 ; caught a few episodes here and there but didn't really follow it. This time I got in at the beginning of season 2 and it is realy very good. I am amazed at Leary's character, as a long time fan you won't be dissapointed. Emmy nod for sure in my book. Have to get season one though, just won't be complete without it :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Move foreward with your plan. Heck, I am buying a DVD recorder for the first time so I can send this show to my husband in Iraq to watch on his laptop. Love Denis Leary, too.....and for the record some of the MEN on this show aren't exactly eyesores

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
This show is fantastic. This season seems to get better and better every week, and I love all the episodes! Sean is my favorite. Innocent and dumb...but he plays it so well!

Very cool Michellefire. Hope he is doing well. I hate to ask, but since it's an F/X show, and I know you see the ads for it (and may watch it), but are you watching "Over There"? I'm hooked on it, and I am just amazed on how crazy it is. Tell your husband "Thank you" from me and us all at AVS.

·
Registered
989 Posts
As a firefighter I was really looking forward to this show and was not disapointed. It stays very true to it's roots. I haven't seen any of season 2 as I live in Canada and I don't beieve Showcase is airing it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.