AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at 991 hours on my bulb and I'm going to stick it out for a bit longer with the original bulb by resetting the timer. I could look around and dig up the manual, but being online so much I thought that it would be easier to just ask here.

Do I need to actually pull the bulb out, or is there a software control (Dilard?) that I can use to reset the timer.

Because I have my G15 all connected within a hushbox I'd prefer not to have to take everything apart, but the bulb resetting does have to be done soon (today).

Any help would be appreciated.

-Dean.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hi Dean,

hope this helps, just a cut and paste from Dilard.

Lamp Time Reset

After you have replaced your bulb for the projector, this method will reset the

lamp time to 0. Only use this method after changing your bulb.

Command-Line: dilard.exe /dila.LampTimeReset

Scripting: Projector.LampTimeReset

Good luck.

Don O

------------------

Don O

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Don, it worked. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Although to be clear I had to change the command line path in DOS to the Dilard directory, which brought up the Dilard application in Windows. I don't know what the scripting comment was about because I've only used DILARD in the simpler Wizard mode. It wasn't apparent where the LampTimeReset mode was, but I was able to reset one of the existing macros to run LampTimeReset sucessfully (after switching to StandBy mode).

William,

The external button method would have been easier if I had convenient access to the projector, but I don't because of the way that I have the hushbox setup, so the software approach worked best for me.

Thanks Guys,

-Dean.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Dean,

I'm glad that you got the problem solved, but I thought that I'd chime in with one more possibility...

Instead of "resetting" the bulb (to 0 hours), you might want to set the bulb counter to a specific time. The "LampTime" property of the "Projector" object is actually a read-write setting! This means that Dilard does some magic to set the bulb time to any time you should choose.

I prefer this technique, as you can reach 900 hours, and set the bulb counter back to (for instance) 400 hours. When it times out a second time, you pull it and don't have to watch the timer to know when your 1500 hours (or whatever) are done.

To Set the Bulb Time To An Arbitrary Value:

Create a Dilard Macro with this code:

Sub ChangeLampTime

Projector.LampTime = 400

End Subf>

(Change the 400 to any time you wish. Put in fractional hours as a decimal portion..."400.5" is 400 hours and 30 minutes.)

Then just run the Macro. Alternatively, "Projector.LampTimeReset" sets the time to 0 hours.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.