1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘Resident Alien’ Drama Ordered To Series At Syfy

by Denise Petski
February 28, 2019 2:35pm

Syfy has handed a series order to drama Resident Alien starring Alan Tudyk, based on the Dark Horse comics series by Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse, from Universal Content Productions, Dark Horse Entertainment and Amblin TV.

Resident Alien is described as a dark, twisted and comedic fish-out-of-water story. Adapted for television by Chris Sheridan (Family Guy), it follows a crash-landed alien named Harry (Tudyk) who, after taking on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor, slowly begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission on Earth — ultimately asking the question, “Are human beings worth saving?”

David Dobkin (The Judge) executive produced and directed the pilot.

Tudyk (Firefly, Rogue One) is joined by series regulars Sara Tomko (Once Upon A Time), Corey Reynolds (The Closer), Alice Wetterlund (People of Earth) and Levi Fiehler (Mars).
The series will begin production in Vancouver this summer.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/resident-alien-ordered-series-syfy-1202567455/

·
Registered
725 Posts
Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
725 Posts
Will it be a reboot of My Favorite Martian? :p

·
UHD Addict
38,228 Posts
Has Syfy set a premiere date yet?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
‘Resident Alien’ EP Talks UFO Inspiration & Adapting Comics for TV – TCA

Chris Sheridan is executive producer of SyFy’s Resident Alien, inspired by the Dark Horse Comic book series of the same name created by Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse. But at today’s TCA panel, the EP said his real inspiration came from a close encounter with a UFO on his honeymoon 20 years ago.

“I actually saw a UFO on my honeymoon,” Sheridan insisted on a panel that included Resident Alien cast members Alan Tudyk, Sara Tomko, Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund and Levi Fiehler. As he describes the scene, he was in the Bahamas, walking on the beach at night with his new bride, and they both noticed what appeared to be one star that was mysteriously moving upward.

“In [a few] seconds, the thing was over us, it was triangular with six circular lights on the bottom of it, one light on the bottom [was] sweeping the beach,” Sheridan continued. “She tried to run, and I grabbed her…take her first,” he joked. But he is serious about the occurrence: “I’m not saying it’s aliens, but obviously it was. It went from a dot on the horizon to above us in the course of a few seconds.”

Describing his acting inspiration, Tudyk seized the opportunity to deadpan: “I was on my honeymoon in the Cayman Islands and I met an alien. That’s not true.”
Of course, there was also another event, in 2015 show producer Amblin Entertainment sent him the comic books and “I fell in love with it, and I knew I had sort of a take on it” from the UFO experience.

Despite his alien connection, Sheridan said he had to make a big change in Alan Tudyk’s character, the alien Harry, by having him appear in his human form most of the time. In the comics, he appears as an alien.

Not only did the TV budget allow for full-time aliens as one sees in a feature film, “I had to decide what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to change for a different format… [not only] is difficult and expensive to have an actor in makeup the whole time, TV audiences attach to actors and actresses [and it’s harder] to expect them to fall in love with an alien.”

https://deadline.com/2020/01/resident-alien-tca-chris-sheridan-alan-tudyk-1202827884/

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
‘Resident Alien’: Linda Hamilton, Mandell Maughan To Recur On Syfy Series Based On Dark Horse Comics

EXCLUSIVE: Terminator star Linda Hamilton, Mandell Maughan (Bajillion Dollar Propertie$) and Canadian actor Alex Barima (The Exorcist) are set for recurring roles opposite Alan Tudyk in Syfy’s Resident Alien, based on the Dark Horse comics series by Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse. The series hails from Universal Content Productions, Dark Horse Entertainment and Amblin TV.

Adapted for television by Chris Sheridan (Family Guy), Resident Alien follows Harry (Tudyk), a crash-landed alien who, after taking on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor, slowly begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission on Earth — ultimately asking the big life questions: “Are human beings worth saving?” and “Why do they fold their pizza before eating it?”

Hamilton will play General McCallister, a high-ranking general who seemingly plays by the rules and runs a tight ship but secretly oversees a covert operation looking for aliens.

Maughan will portray Lisa Casper. Even though she looks soft and innocent, she’s a high-strung badass. General McCallister dispatches her to find the mysterious alien.

Barima is David Logan, who recently was dismissed from the military. General McCallister also enlists David to search for the mysterious alien.

In addition to Tudyk, they join previously announced cast Sara Tomko, Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund and Levi Fiehler.

Hamilton is best known as Sarah Connor in the Terminator franchise, most recently starring in 2019’s Terminator: Dark Fate. She was nominated for both an Emmy and two Golden Globe awards for her work in the CW series Beauty and the Beast and received her third Golden Globe nomination for her performance in USA Network’s A Mother’s Prayer. Hamilton is repped by Innovative Artists
Maughan is best known for her role on Seeso/Pluto TV’s Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ and the CBS comedy Me, Myself & I starring Bobby Moynihan. Her other credits include Sean Saves the World, The Millers, House of Lies and Undateable. Mandell is repped by Abrams Artists Agency and managed by Silver Lining Entertainment.

Barima’s credits include The Exorcist, Riverdale, The Man in the High Castle and feature film Adventures in Public School. He is repped by Carrie Wheeler at Carrie Wheeler Entertainment Group and Adam Levine at Industry Entertainment.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/reside...mandell-maughan-recur-syfy-series-1202847812/

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Still no premier date that I can find anywhere.

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah, that trailer made me think I am going to check this one out for sure.
The key for me will be to set it up in my DVR to record automatically. I cannot seem to get myself in front of the tv at a specific time or day. Plus, once recorded, I can FF through the commercials.

Edited to add: Comcast/Xfinity was able to find it, which is a little surprising given how far off the date is, so I programmed it in for recording the series. If I end up not liking it, it is easy enough to stop recording.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The key for me will be to set it up in my DVR to record automatically. I cannot seem to get myself in front of the tv at a specific time or day. Plus, once recorded, I can FF through the commercials.
I agree, with everything coming out it is hard to remember release dates for everything. I rely heavily on my DVR to let me know.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I agree, with everything coming out it is hard to remember release dates for everything. I rely heavily on my DVR to let me know.
It sounds like you have your eye on other impending shows, is that correct? I pay so little attention, I have no idea what other new shows there may be. I should look in the general tv forum, I guess, to see if there are any other new sci-fi shows coming.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It sounds like you have your eye on other impending shows, is that correct? I pay so little attention, I have no idea what other new shows there may be. I should look in the general tv forum, I guess, to see if there are any other new sci-fi shows coming.
If you just look at the first page or two (or three) of this forum you will see a lot of the shows coming soon. You can also Google search new releases in XXXX and insert the month and year. Lots of sites list everything coming out new for streaming, regular, etc.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts