AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
In the lake is the person he killed that he took over the appearance of. He dumped it in there in the first episode.

The device to kill all humans broke off his ship (they showed it breaking off and pieces flying off) and they are scattered across the mountain. That is why he was doing a grid search of the mountain.
I thought the body was now in his freezer....

·
Registered
10,336 Posts
The body is in the freezer, under the packages of meat. "I like meat" ... :)

Glad that a few others are watching and enjoying this show. Since I enjoy it, my expectation is that it will be cancelled forthwith!

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I thought the body was now in his freezer....
Yes it is, I thought the comment was related to when they were scouring the lake and Harry was freaking out about it. The comment was that the ship must be under there. I was recapping that it was not the ship but the body.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
I was ready to give it up by show 2 and came back to see some encouraging short reviews. Have now seen 3 and 4 and will stick with it. It is funny even though I'm still not convinced that the plots will work out and the drama in it is sort of off-kilter with the over the top humor of some characters. D'Arcy's night out at the mayor's house is one of my favorite bits. This would have gone great with People of Earth. So thanks, People of AVS.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
This would have gone great with People of Earth.
Great show. Gone to soon......

Similar quirky dark humor. Would have been a good companion. (y)

Reactions: Quigley.Wyatt

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Peacock is adding the show on the 12th.
Last episode of season airs on March 31st. Unexpectedly quick addition to Peacock, but welcomed. Perhaps this is a sign for future NBC Universal productions. Early addition to Peacock, if positive buzz is generated from something on Syfy and / or USA Network.

Reactions: WilliamR

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Last episode of season airs on March 31st. Unexpectedly quick addition to Peacock, but welcomed. Perhaps this is a sign for future NBC Universal productions. Early addition to Peacock, if positive buzz is generated from something on Syfy and / or USA Network.
Best new show of the season for me. And the biggest surprise of the season and probably last few seasons. Never expected it to be this good.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Best new show of the season for me. And the biggest surprise of the season and probably last few seasons. Never expected it to be this good.
Agreed. I guess NBCUniversal did as well, releasing it to Peacock before it finishes its Syfy Network run.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Unusual take on alien invasion. I am enjoying this so far. Everything, especially the FBI (?) people are just kind of off center.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ep6 was another strong one. Had the funniest line of the entire season so far. So many funny (and likeable) characters. It has a bit of a Northern Exposure feel about it at times... which I consider to be a huge compliment.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ep6 was another strong one. Had the funniest line of the entire season so far. So many funny (and likeable) characters. It has a bit of a Northern Exposure feel about it at times... which I consider to be a huge compliment.
What was the line?

·
Registered
257 Posts
What was the line?
His wife suggests they move back to New York. He says he hated New York. She says something along the lines of:

"What? You loved it. Tell me one thing you don't like about New York"

"9/11"

(I can also fully appreciate why many might not find this line funny - but I thought the way it was done, brilliant comic timing but also tinged with a sadness about the event itself, was genius)

·
Registered
725 Posts
His wife suggests they move back to New York. He says he hated New York. She says something along the lines of:

"What? You loved it. Tell me one thing you don't like about New York"

"9/11"

(I can also fully appreciate why many might not find this line funny - but I thought the way it was done, brilliant comic timing but also tinged with a sadness about the event itself, was genius)
Oh yes! I had forgotten about that. I laughed and then thought something like "holy cow, an actual 9/11 joke that was funny!". Pretty amazing writing in some ways.

·
Registered
908 Posts
love his attempt at smiling and laughing
hi larious show
his wife is hot

·
Registered
725 Posts
love his attempt at smiling and laughing
hi larious show
his wife is hot
She is!

Oh yeah, his poor attempts at simulating human facial emotions and laughter are SO funny!

121 - 140 of 174 Posts