AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
First three (3) episodes now available on PEACOCK.

·
Registered
17,555 Posts
"I would grow a mustache as a disguise, but then I'd have to get a job as a firefighter or a pedophile."

The only thing that would make that line funnier would be if he followed it up with:

"Either way, I'd have to wear Hawaiian shirts and I hate pineapples...."

Of course, the followup joke in the school with the mustache disguise was equally funny.

"What's on your face?"
"I am undercover. I am a firefighter named Albert."
"Take it off. Mr. Wagner went to prison for looking like that."

In addition, there was "I peed your bed".

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I am enjoying this show more and more as it goes on. And the cameo in the latest episode was really fun.
I didn't see his name in the credits, but I'm pretty sure Nathan Fillion voiced the "distant cousin." A nice reunion of sorts.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am enjoying this show more and more as it goes on. And the cameo in the latest episode was really fun.
I didn't see his name in the credits, but I'm pretty sure Nathan Fillion voiced the "distant cousin." A nice reunion of sorts.
Wow, what a great catch! I recognized the voice but couldn't place who it was. :D

·
Registered
27,716 Posts
Yup, was definitely him.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Just noticed that Alice Wetterlund (D'arcy) was in People of Earth (Kelly).

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Watched the pilot last night and feel like I've seen/read this premise many times before. Though this might be the first time in a Northern Exposure setting. I'll keep watching because I love the dark humor. Speaking of which I highly recommend Matt Haig's hilarious book The Humans.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Just noticed that Alice Wetterlund (D'arcy) was in People of Earth (Kelly).
Such a funny show. And she was just as good in it as she is in RESIDENT ALIEN. Here's hoping that PEOPLE OF EARTH gets an HBO Max audience soon.

Reactions: daryl zero

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
"Wait, break us out." "Dang it, should have led with that"

Even in voice over, Nathan is awesome.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Performer of the Week: Alan Tudyk

THE PERFORMER | Alan Tudyk

THE SHOW | Syfy’s Resident Alien

THE EPISODE | “The Green Glow” (March 10, 2021)

THE PERFORMANCE | Is anyone on TV having more fun than Alan Tudyk right now? On Resident Alien, Tudyk plays an extraterrestrial hellbent on destroying mankind, yet posing as a human doctor named Harry Vanderspeigle. The premise, which is equally quirky and campy, provides the actor with a fantastical sci-fi playground to romp around in, leading to some stellar physical comedy — a skill directly in the actor’s wheelhouse.

In Wednesday’s episode, Harry felt the hurt after his wife left him shortly after he lost his job. Surprisingly, all of the displacement tugged hard at his quasi-human heartstrings. In addition, the disappearance of his spaceship prompted him to “feel his feelings” (a.k.a., scream frantically into the wind while punching the snowy ground), giving Tudyk the acting challenge of processing emotions through the filter of a being who’s never felt them before. The trifecta of loss encouraged Harry to explore how humans process failure (or so he thought), so he whipped up a cocktail of prescription drugs and liquor, and settled into one monster stupor. With his drunken reaction and over-the-top narration, Tudyk once again knew how to make an absurd situation even weirder.

And the comedic tour de force didn’t stop there. We were also treated to a daydream montage of Harry delivering newspapers, serving drinks as a barista (with a manbun, ‘stache and nose ring, to boot!) and even tattooing Jerry Orbach’s face on D’Arcy’s arm. If those images weren’t the most ridiculous happenings on television this week, then cue the scenes of a stoned Harry in full alien garb threatening his grade-school nemesis while comically losing his train of thought. Tudyk brought the funny and then some, once again showcasing that the actor’s brand of comedy pairs perfectly with the show’s DNA of sci-fi, silliness, and most importantly, heart.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
‘Resident Alien’ Renewed For Season 2 By Syfy

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess they found the RENEW button hidden in a desk somewhere at Syfy headquarters. Seems like they could only find the CANCEL button the last few years.

The viewership numbers for the first episode (9.3M) across all platforms seems pretty decent for a basic cable network sci-fi series.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
This would have gone great with People of Earth.
Both seasons now available on HULU. Time for a re-watch after RESIDENT ALIEN wraps up in a few weeks!!

141 - 160 of 174 Posts