AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else finds the dialog and sometimes even the effects to be over powered by the soundtrack? As far as my HT system, I don't think I've ever watched a movie before where I couldn't hear some of the dialog because the music was too loud. I even stopped the movie and got the ol' sound meter out and double checked the levels.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestyk /forum/post/14203959

I was wondering if anyone else finds the dialog and sometimes even the effects to be over powered by the soundtrack? As far as my HT system, I don't think I've ever watched a movie before where I couldn't hear some of the dialog because the music was too loud. I even stopped the movie and got the ol' sound meter out and double checked the levels.

Thanks,

Jeff

I watched this back when it first came out in January and don't recall having any issues with the sound. I'll have to watch it again sometime the weekend; I've been itching to watch it lately.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestyk /forum/post/14203959

Thanks,

Jeff

If you are talking about the first RE, then there are some parts of the movie that the music did overpower the vocals. Wasn't that bad though.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the first one and as you state, parts of the movie. I've since been to a few review sites and I came across this:

"The track is often a bit too much, overpowering the center channel to an annoying degree. However, this is a bombastic, over-the-top film and what better way to present the film, than with an over-the-top mix."

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well based on the last two posts (mine and metalsaber) I think we've moved beyond this being an HT problem. Maybe there are bad discs out there? I think about 13 minutes in to the movie when the soldiers come crashing in to the house is a good example. They are talking but I can barely hear anything over the music.

Jeff

·
Registered
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestyk /forum/post/14211560

Well based on the last two posts (mine and metalsaber) I think we've moved beyond this being an HT problem. Maybe there are bad discs out there? I think about 13 minutes in to the movie when the soldiers come crashing in to the house is a good example. They are talking but I can barely hear anything over the music.

Jeff

I know what scene you are talking about. I think this was "intentional". At least, this is the way the movie was mixed. I do find it annoying when the music is overpowering dialog too.

·
Registered
699 Posts
This is one of the few movies that are like this. It wasn't terribly distracting but I did notice this. There are plenty more movies that have this problem but lots of people just praise them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts